Whats the Weerona Campus like???? (1 Viewer)

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
If you're from Weerona or if you know anything about living there please tell me anything!! I've deferred my course and im hopefully going to get into Weerona next year.

Anything you can tell me id really appreciate!!!!!

THANKS HEAPS

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Jess_L said:
If you're from Weerona or if you know anything about living there please tell me anything!! I've deferred my course and im hopefully going to get into Weerona next year.

Anything you can tell me id really appreciate!!!!!

THANKS HEAPS
i house takes it up the arse doo daa doo daa, werona takes it twice as hard all the doo daaa day...

im livinf at campus east and ive seen the werona campus and there rooms... they suck, apply for campus east trust me... all the werona people come here to party because there campus sucks

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Haha, silly college rivalries.
In my opinion, all colleges suck, I've tried them and I hated it.
I much prefer to just living in apartment, either alone or with a few mates.

speed_bump

invalid
werona is great, most people love it at the collage......i have never gone to campus east to party and dont know why i would with it been so crap and everything........but anyways the three main collages i-house, east, werona are all good.....so yer it dosnt really matter what you go for....
campus east is a bit outta town but they are expanding soon so that might be a good thing...... but it is still what you would call a GAY collage.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
speed_bump said:
werona is great, most people love it at the collage......i have never gone to campus east to party and dont know why i would with it been so crap and everything........but anyways the three main collages i-house, east, werona are all good.....so yer it dosnt really matter what you go for....
campus east is a bit outta town but they are expanding soon so that might be a good thing...... but it is still what you would call a GAY collage.
fuck off waffle! our campus dominates all! we are the biggest and coolest campus around... your r.a ask us to orgainse everything!
although we may be little america and seppo infested we have the best parties, activities and food hall of all the other campuses.
and no were not out of town, its a 20 min walk to uni and a 5min bike ride into the mall... just because werona takes it twice as hard... someone is bitter over the song

Spiked_Phate

overloaded student
HSC
How about ihouse. Its like in the middle of everything. bout 15 mins to uni, 5 mins to north gong pub, and like 15 to the mall.
I dunno about most of the people at werona, but all the ones ive met are stuck up and recon their the shit. East...well lets not go there. Ihouse rocks.
Plus the foods pretty decent, food halls just been done up, same with the main common room. new kitchens on the decks.

But other than that, get a few good mates and rent an apartment. Better than college any day.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Spiked_Phate said:
But other than that, get a few good mates and rent an apartment. Better than college any day.
the only shit thing about east is that dinner starts at 5.30 and ends at 7.30.
im moving into self catered when it opens, but i think if you were from out of town and you didnt live on campus, youd hate it because you wouldnt meet anyone.
i have friends who are at uni but not on campus and they hate it

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
TurboTom said:
i think if you were from out of town and you didnt live on campus, youd hate it because you wouldnt meet anyone.
i have friends who are at uni but not on campus and they hate it
Totally not true. I moved here not not knowing a soul and I've met a tonne of people, and made lots of friends, some who live in colleges and some who live in town.
I absolutely love living out of college, I went to a different uni last year and lived in college there, and hated it. I hated the way everything was structured and how I was stuck living with certain people I didn't like and shit.
Living in an apartment here is so good, even if I do have to cook and clean for myself, the freedom and space is so totally worth it. It's also cheaper than colleges, I think.

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
TurboTom said:
i house takes it up the arse doo daa doo daa, werona takes it twice as hard all the doo daaa day...
How about you go back to the hole that is Campus East huh?

Hey Jess L, I'm Reece, doing Computer Science and moved into Weerona this year. Lovin it! Basically, Weerona shits all over the other 2 Colleges. I'll list what I can think of.

1. Closest to Wollongong.
2. Walk/bikeride to Uni
3. Close to Northgong Pub (I-house is closer. :( NGP may seem trivial but wait until you hit College...)
4. Everyone at Weerona is here for a good time!
5. The entire college knows everyone else and unites behind events. ie Whoopin I-house in the cricket and most probably in the Football!
6. Regular events. Basically there is something going on every day of the week and a big event every few days.

If I say anymore, ittle spoil the surprise.

As for the accommodation, it is defiantly good. There are 3 blocks. A, B and you guessed it, C. A is a combination of shared and single accommodation interpolated with lively and loud Americans who are here for 6 months before the next bunch come in. The rooms are old but nice and have a sink. B and C block are identical to one-another and are mainly comprised of Australians. We don't have sinks, but we get a common-room (common-mess) and usually spend most of the time in the hallway chattin.

The food, this is a big thing! Weerona currently has the best food of the 3 Colleges. (Despite me getin food poisoning on Wednesday) The chef is doing a great job and I hope he stays on for the rest of the year.

We have the Beergola, a nice area to one side with a pingpong table and seating. Its a nice area and there is usually something going on there.

The biggest thing about Weerona is the atmosphere. Neither of the other 2 colleges have the same party hard, work hard thing going. The social life is great. Unlike Easty or I-house, we actually have a community happenin. Ppl still are clicky, but it isn't like there are a bunch of groups forming. We also don't fight amongst ourselves. There hasn't been a single fight yet other than with waterbombs...in the corridoor...at 1 am...on A2.

So summing up.

Weerona if you want to have fun, go to the beach, enjoy Wollongong nightlife, meet a great bunch of ppl from all over and still pass your course.

I-house if you can't live with some noise while studying and want to get to uni as quick as possible.

Campus East if you want a 5 min walk to the beach and can live with being so far from everything else.

What I will recommend is that you come to Weerona for the first year. The reason being that ppl come to Weerona, ppl go from Weerona, but Weeronians never go to the other colleges.

Oh, and here is a picture of one of the random things that happens. The 2nd years decided to buy a kiddy pool and get drunk in it. Note the belly-flop contest that ensued...

Last edited:

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
Oh and I forgot. We never go to campus east to party. We normally hit the town, head off to the park or hit the pubs/nightclubs in town. If you want to check my blog, you can go back through the archive I have at http://www.the-lad.com/Blog.html there are a few things in there that I have written about. (Normally in an intoxicated or exhausted state.)

Originally, I-house was going to be my 1st preference, but it was changed on the recommendation of Mr Dybal, a teacher at my school. He recommended Weerona since his son came here and loved it. His daughter is currently here and loving it and the Rhys also came to Weerona on the same recommendation.

Anyhow, its 12:15 so I'm gona go and wander the corridors and talk to some ppl.

Nite

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
TurboTom said:
Also, do you really want to live with this guy?

Moonshadow

~*Almost Here*~
HSC
Where you want to live is up to personal preference, get tours of the residences and make up your own mind. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. I live at Campus East and I like it there, and I have friends at Weerona and they like it there. Just look at Gilbert's post. (I should point out I considered Weerona, it's nice, but Campus East was just better for me). But my advice would be to get tours of the different residences and see for yourself.

Moonshadow

~*Almost Here*~
HSC
TurboTom said:

im livinf at campus east and ive seen the werona campus and there rooms... they suck, apply for campus east trust me... all the werona people come here to party because there campus sucks
I should point out that not everyone at Campus East is like this, and Weerona don't come here to party - they do what Gilbert said. Which is also what people at Campus East do too ;) And the rooms at Weerona aren't that bad, I've seen them too.

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
Moonshadow said:
And the rooms at Weerona aren't that bad, I've seen them too.
I should never have let you into my room...

Also the reason why Easy suits ya 'Moonshadow' is ya like to keep to yourself. I must admit I like time to myself, but I also like the social stuff that happens. Despite hitting the town regally, I'm now 2 weeks ahead on my assignments and have been for a week. Now if I can slot in some time for revision I'll be happy.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Gilbert said:
How about you go back to the hole that is Campus East huh?

Hey Jess L, I'm Reece, doing Computer Science and moved into Weerona this year. Lovin it! Basically, Weerona shits all over the other 2 Colleges. I'll list what I can think of.

1. Closest to Wollongong.
2. Walk/bikeride to Uni
3. Close to Northgong Pub (I-house is closer. :( NGP may seem trivial but wait until you hit College...)
4. Everyone at Weerona is here for a good time!
5. The entire college knows everyone else and unites behind events. ie Whoopin I-house in the cricket and most probably in the Football!
6. Regular events. Basically there is something going on every day of the week and a big event every few days.

If I say anymore, ittle spoil the surprise.

As for the accommodation, it is defiantly good. There are 3 blocks. A, B and you guessed it, C. A is a combination of shared and single accommodation interpolated with lively and loud Americans who are here for 6 months before the next bunch come in. The rooms are old but nice and have a sink. B and C block are identical to one-another and are mainly comprised of Australians. We don't have sinks, but we get a common-room (common-mess) and usually spend most of the time in the hallway chattin.

The food, this is a big thing! Weerona currently has the best food of the 3 Colleges. (Despite me getin food poisoning on Wednesday) The chef is doing a great job and I hope he stays on for the rest of the year.

We have the Beergola, a nice area to one side with a pingpong table and seating. Its a nice area and there is usually something going on there.

The biggest thing about Weerona is the atmosphere. Neither of the other 2 colleges have the same party hard, work hard thing going. The social life is great. Unlike Easty or I-house, we actually have a community happenin. Ppl still are clicky, but it isn't like there are a bunch of groups forming. We also don't fight amongst ourselves. There hasn't been a single fight yet other than with waterbombs...in the corridoor...at 1 am...on A2.

So summing up.

Weerona if you want to have fun, go to the beach, enjoy Wollongong nightlife, meet a great bunch of ppl from all over and still pass your course.

I-house if you can't live with some noise while studying and want to get to uni as quick as possible.

Campus East if you want a 5 min walk to the beach and can live with being so far from everything else.

What I will recommend is that you come to Weerona for the first year. The reason being that ppl come to Weerona, ppl go from Weerona, but Weeronians never go to the other colleges.

Oh, and here is a picture of one of the random things that happens. The 2nd years decided to buy a kiddy pool and get drunk in it. Note the belly-flop contest that ensued...

so far from everything? i can walk to uni in 15 mins, north gong in ten the city in 20 and the beach in 3.
and unlike werona we ALL have our own rooms and dont have to share
and whats this garbage about their not being community spirit at east? thats fucked! everyone knows everyone here, we have activites everyweek (i should know im on the r.a and i help organise them)
as for us coming to werona? its only ever to pick up and then bail back to our campus before the morning... we had probblems with too many werona people at our st patricks party which went off...
stay at urown campus next time, we dont want you

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
look im over trying to sell campus east to everyone...
if you want a good time, little study and awesome mates go to east
if you want a good time major study and shitty accomdation go to werona

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
TurboTom said:
unlike werona we ALL have our own rooms and dont have to share

as for us coming to werona? its only ever to pick up and then bail back to our campus before the morning...

we had probblems with too many werona people at our st patricks party which went off...
What planet are you from? (Oh wait, you come from Campus East... :p )

There are only a few shared rooms here and the Americans generally end up in them. The shared rooms are also cheaper as a result. I also know a number of ppl at Campus east that are in shared accommodation so stop bullshitting.

I haven't seen an Easty here in all the time that I've been here. (Except Moonshadow cause we were goin from the gong to the uni.) Unless your suggesting that the ppl who jumped the fence and attempted to steal a surfboard and nicked of with the girls pants were from Campus East? I'm sure Leanne (College Head) would love to hear that they were from Easty. They are the only outsiders that have been here, unannounced, uninvited and unwelcome.

Also, noone from Weerona went to any St patties day party other than the one at Dicey Riley's next to Wollongong train station. There were plenty of ppl from all the colleges and it was a good time.

Your distances are also mighty screwed up. The trip from N'gong station to fairymeadow is about 5min by train. Also, if you jog from N'gong to crown St Mall, it takes about 10 minutes. I may also point out that it is a 15min walk to the Uni from Weerona, about 10ish from I-house. From memory it is about a 25-35 min walk from Campus East and thus most ppl get the bus.

Attached is a picture of my room at Weerona. Rather pleasant huh?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Gilbert said:
What planet are you from? (Oh wait, you come from Campus East... :p )

There are only a few shared rooms here and the Americans generally end up in them. The shared rooms are also cheaper as a result. I also know a number of ppl at Campus east that are in shared accommodation so stop bullshitting.

I haven't seen an Easty here in all the time that I've been here. (Except Moonshadow cause we were goin from the gong to the uni.) Unless your suggesting that the ppl who jumped the fence and attempted to steal a surfboard and nicked of with the girls pants were from Campus East? I'm sure Leanne (College Head) would love to hear that they were from Easty. They are the only outsiders that have been here, unannounced, uninvited and unwelcome.

Also, noone from Weerona went to any St patties day party other than the one at Dicey Riley's next to Wollongong train station. There were plenty of ppl from all the colleges and it was a good time.

Your distances are also mighty screwed up. The trip from N'gong station to fairymeadow is about 5min by train. Also, if you jog from N'gong to crown St Mall, it takes about 10 minutes. I may also point out that it is a 15min walk to the Uni from Weerona, about 10ish from I-house. From memory it is about a 25-35 min walk from Campus East and thus most ppl get the bus.

Attached is a picture of my room at Weerona. Rather pleasant huh?
wow you didnt read very carefully did you...
ok first of all im an r.a at campus east, THERE ARE NO SHARED ROOMS EXCEPT FOR FAMILY UNITS WHERE PEOPLE CHOOSE TO LIVE TOGETHER.
Second, there were a fuck load of weerona people at our st paddies party which was the day after diceys, which i also attended. it was a problem because one of them broke a window...
and your times and distances are bullshit. it might take you that long if you were 98 and walking with a simoframe. or you had elephantitis.

im not so sure why you have taken up this argument so vehemntly. i was only kidding when i said that weerona sucked. weerona is probably awesome (cough cough) whatever floats your boat. personaly i and the majority of campus east people dont give a fuck what weerona people think of us... see you at the beach inlander

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i-house is international house?
I was going to crash one of their parties, but my friend who I was with at the time didnt let me.
but yeah, Im even closer to north gong pub. I live around the corner from there. And I dont even go to uni.
Im so trendy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)