what's ur ATAR aim and why? (1 Viewer)

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
What makes you say that?
avg atar in unsw med is ~99.6

true uws and uncle only use atar as a threshold, but both have relatively high umat cutoffs (even for gws applicants the uws cut off is in the high 80percentiles although it depends on ur individual sections). there's usually a strong correlation between umat and atar as well.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
avg atar in unsw med is ~99.6

true uws and uncle only use atar as a threshold, but both have relatively high umat cutoffs (even for gws applicants the uws cut off is in the high 80percentiles although it depends on ur individual sections). there's usually a strong correlation between umat and atar as well.
You never said UNSW med anyway, and yes, med can be made with 93+ for UWS, in terms of ATAR.

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
You never said UNSW med anyway, and yes, med can be made with 93+ for UWS, in terms of ATAR.
i highly doubt someone who can't even get an ATAR of 97 has the ability to get a umat score in the 90 percentiles.

UWS atar cutoff is 95 btw, 93 for is for GWS applicants only. the umat cutoff is really quite high even for GWS applicants but it depends on your individual sections ofc

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i highly doubt someone who can't even get an ATAR of 97 has the ability to get a umat score in the 90 percentiles.
you never know.

UWS atar cutoff is 95 btw, 93 for is for GWS applicants only. the umat cutoff is really quite high even for GWS applicants but it depends on your individual sections ofc
93+

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
you never know.

93+
maybe i'm mistaken with 95 but either way, 93/95 is very low for med

yes there will always be exceptions but generally it's very rare for people to have good umat scores but low atars.

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
UMAT is no correlation between ATAR, imo
it does, albeit a slight one. although i see people with high atars that totally fuck up umat, i never see people with high umat scores who mess up their atar.

whether people like it or not, atar does test intelligence to some degree, even if the focus is mostly on applying urself. i think the ability to apply urself/efficiently study is an important aspect of intelligence.

Last edited:

twistedrebel

HSC
it does, albeit a slight one. although i see people with high atars that totally fuck up umat, i never see people with high umat scores who mess up their atar.

whether people like it or not, atar does test intelligence to some degree, even if the focus is mostly on applying urself. i think the ability to apply urself/efficiently study is an important aspect of intelligence.
People aiming for med usually are hardworkes/intelligent so they usually get the higher ATARs. I have seen people with shit ATARS but good UMAT's, but a good UMAT is motivation enough to study for the HSC

ar7

HSC
oh dear god please please i will study every single day i promise just please please give me atleast an atar of 30 :tongue:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
What I'm aiming for is far beyond all I need. I shall not disclose my aim, but it will require a lot of work to get there.

speedofsound

HSC
What I'm aiming for is far beyond all I need. I shall not disclose my aim, but it will require a lot of work to get there.
especially since it's no longer possible to get 100, and it was never possible to get 10000000000

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
especially since it's no longer possible to get 100, and it was never possible to get 10000000000
Haha, I just don't disclose my goals to others... it brings about too much expectation from others; and when you don't get there it sucks. I've learnt this from experience.

Lukybear

HSC
his goal is 99.95 undoubtedly. Chances still linger my friend.

speedofsound

HSC
Haha, I just don't disclose my goals to others... it brings about too much expectation from others; and when you don't get there it sucks. I've learnt this from experience.
nah don't be so hard on yourself. if you're happy that's all that matters, who gives a shit about other people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)