whats with smart people asking for UAI estimates? (1 Viewer)

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
veloc1ty said:
I agree it's ridiculous. UAI estimates in general are ridiculous. I doubt I'll bother using SAM even when I get my HSC marks, why not wait til the real number gets sent? You can't change it.
keep in mind that 99% of the people in these forums like school (thus y they are here posting)

also one half of the members here want to do medicine while the other half want to do law... theres not many dumb people on BOS cause dumb people dont like school and dont want to discuss it after school hours

BOS forum surfing after an exam is 2 scary for me... everyone here is 2 smart

Azreil

HSC
People ask for estimates because they want to know how realistic their aims are. Some places do want you to get 99.xx, and even people who ace their courses aren't assured of getting that. And people who are used to acing everything generally aren't the ones who have contigency plans in place; if suddenly they've realised they may not get their first preference they may have to look at alternate pathways to getting the course that they want.

jennieTalia

HSC
SH33P said:
keep in mind that 99% of the people in these forums like school (thus y they are here posting)

also one half of the members here want to do medicine while the other half want to do law... theres not many dumb people on BOS cause dumb people dont like school and dont want to discuss it after school hours

BOS forum surfing after an exam is 2 scary for me... everyone here is 2 smart
hahaha die to law and medicine

bring on the journos.... thats also a high uai as welll...

jeahsen

HSC
Hey ive been soo stressed these exams, and i really need to get 95+ or my asian parents will murder me...dyu think i can do it? I go to a top 3 school and here I my ranks

Math Ext 2- 3rd/40 (so disappointed)
Math Ext 1- 1st/85
English Adv- 1st/98
Chemistry- 2nd/43 (yeah i got spanked for this)
Physics- 1st/35

I did my IPT in accelerated in year 4 and got 98
and business studies in year 11 and got 95

please my confidence is so low and i really need to boost my ego through posting shit like this!!!

Do i have any hope at all??? :bomb:

independantz

HSC
jeahsen said:
Hey ive been soo stressed these exams, and i really need to get 95+ or my asian parents will murder me...dyu think i can do it? I go to a top 3 school and here I my ranks

Math Ext 1- 1st/85
English Adv- 1st/98
Physics- 1st/35

please my confidence is so low and i really need to boost my ego through posting shit like this!!!

Lol IPT in year 4? rofl...

2S1D3

HSC
jeahsen said:

Math Ext 1- 1st/85
English Adv- 1st/98
Physics- 1st/35

hahahaha lmfao

Katieeee

HSC
I have my aim in my signature - mainly for the purpose of me seeing it on here and being reminded that I should be studying so I can actually get close to that!

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
jeahsen said:
No, no right now. Enough of this. Please shut the fuck up. Your Asian parents aren't going to murder you, so shut the fuck up NOW.
Math Ext 1- 1st/85
English Adv- 1st/98
Physics- 1st/35

Do you want to just end here?
You're going to die one day, anyway.

I hate it when people here are all, like, "OMG, ESTIMATE MY UAI! OMG, TELL ME ABOUT THIS AND THAT! SHOULD I GO DO EXTENSION 2 MATHEMATICS?! LOL, OMG, I HATE THIS AND THAT! OMG, I'M GOING TO GET SPANKED AND KILLED BY MY PARENTS, A LA BORK'D MOVIE. OMGZ, LAWL, BLAHSHITTEHBLAHDEBLAH."

Year 10 isn't Year 4, and HSC results don't count for any more than 5 years, idiot.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
PrettyOddProlix said:
No, no right now. Enough of this. Please shut the fuck up. Your Asian parents aren't going to murder you, so shut the fuck up NOW.
Do you want to just end here?
You're going to die one day, anyway.

Year 10 isn't Year 4, and HSC results don't count for any more than 5 years, idiot.
It was a joke...Sarcasm...

morgoe

HSC
@Pretty..
That just flew right over you didn't it?

@Everyone else

No idea what UAIs you're aiming for, so some of this may not apply. For those who are wanting a 98 or something, and are worried about not getting that, how is that NOT as valid as someone else asking if they'll get an 85? What is the difference?! Seriously! Yes, their marks are 10 points higher than yours. Just because their results are better than yours, doesn't mean that they don't have any stress. 'Good' for you, does not = 'good' for them. They put in a SHITLOAD more effort than you do, presumably, and if they don't achieve a goal thats a lot higher than yours then they should be disappointed.

If you still don't understand where I'm coming from, if you're aiming for, say, 80. Imagine I'm aiming for a 60 UAI. Which some people are.
You guys are fucking ridiculous! 80 UAI?! I would kill for 80! Stop stressing, you're overreacting, even if you don't get an 80, you're still doing well. I mean you might not get into your course but you're still acing the HSC!
See how RIDICULOUS that is?

And no, I'm not getting a 99 UAI, before you make any judgments.

zvyx

HSC
twas a joke, PrettyOddProlix.

I agree with Sh33p. BoS has a really disproportionate amount of ppl who do well - doesn't reflect the average at all. Same applies for other forums related to study/entry into xyz.

like katieeee, my aim's up there to remind myself of what I'm going for. And its not like I can brag about it... I'm constantly surrounded by relatives/friends who owned/are owning the HSC.

HSC
To prevent myself from further trolling, and your daft replies, this is all I'm going to do.

Man, jeahsen, you're a fucking idiot, ... lol. Shut up, you shit-for-brains dunce.

1) You go to Normanhurst Boys'.
2) You have used the word "nigger", only to spell it "niggah". P.S. Fuck off, you ludicrous sandnigger, nigger, and/or wigger.
3) You post little more than a one-lined, bandwagon criticism, and as you lack any semblance of wit, an insult. Oh, you are a funny one.
4) You're one to speak; by virtue, etc.
zvyx said:
twas a joke, PrettyOddProlix.
I guess I didn't see that, aye?
I did see it, but really, enough of this nonsense. Enough with the fucking Asian kids with their overbearing failures of parents, and their stupid little spawn posting on forums, crapping on about being beaten shitless by their overlords.

Clearly, I've taken this too seriously, and you dumbshits could have at least posted a "Why So Serious?" macro.

You all are disappointing.

zvyx was pretty good. :D

Lumbargo

HSC
I would say that "The Internet is Srs Bsns" but you already self-recognized that and have thus foiled my lame internet joke. Curse you.

On a side note, I'm an asian kid with parents with ridiculous expectations. Coasting breezily through the HSC. Well, until Ancient on Friday. Fark.

HSC
Lumbargo said:
I would say that "The Internet is Srs Bsns" but you already self-recognized that and have thus foiled my lame internet joke. Curse you.
Ahaha.
On a side note, I'm an asian kid with parents with ridiculous expectations. Coasting breezily through the HSC. Well, until Ancient on Friday. Fark.
I like you. :p

The way you voiced your victimisation by Asian Parent Syndrome is much more realistic than that attention-seeking kid. You really didn't, and that's the thing. :)
Good luck.

jeahsen

HSC
touchee

i was kidding no need to get nastyy,

back to maths for me :wave:

Noxi10

HSC
Well im simply going to go out there and say that everyone has the right to be worried about their own exams and how theyve gone thus far, regardless of what UAI they're aiming for. Its a totally personal situation, and people post their own aims for different reasons.

Personally, mines up there to remind me of what i have already and can continue to achieve. I go to a public school on the nsw north coast. The closest high school to mine is more than 50kms away and we'll be doing well each year to have 2% of the total papers taken band 6's. Further, I have a single parent, with 3 younger siblings all over the age of 11, so my year hasn't been the calmest or easiest of situations. Neither of my parents went to university, both pretty much dropping out after yr 10.

I post my UAI and worry about how im going so far, so i can continue to see how far ive come, and then how far ive got to go, not to brag, as indeed there will always be at least one (in my case many more) out there who are better. Everyones aims are individuals and there's no point bagging someone out for worrying, when ou could be off studying improving your own chances.

Everyones situations are different and they deserve to be treated with equal opportunities. We have people on here, who know what they're talking about when it comes to the UAI and having their help can help people with direction.

Anyway, enough ranting for me, im back off to study EXT 1

Good luck everyone and i hope you do well.
:)
Jmi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)