What's wrong with the Halo series (1 Viewer)

boganxcore

HSC
the halo series is overrated as. only the original halo was good. i much prefer counter-strike :)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I don't play or like playing Halo 3 cause all my friends are pro at it and I've only ever played it twice. I spawn and die.

It's frustrating, so me no play.

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
Multiplayer was good, especially 8 player system link.

I really want to play call of duty:warfare 2... Getting new internet, computer and server, it shall be an experience like no other :D

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The original Halo was a game that I think essentially ignited the FPS revolution. I'll be quite honest in saying that of the people I know that they cared jack-all about graphics until Halo came. After that almost every game must have superb graphics to be considered 'good' (I disagree with it but since Halo, people have placed increasing importance on graphics). Halo sparked that graphics revolution.

The core run-and-gun gameplay has been bastardized so many times and the assault rifle is present in some way shape or form in every game since Halo, conincidence? I don't think so.

Furthermore, this is the game that single-handedly put the Xbox on the map and launched that status of videogames from nerdy pasttime into something the majority of society views as a major entertainment industry. It made videogames truly mainstream.

Oh, and almost forgot, multiplayer was at the time an almost unparalleled experience. It ws one of the first games to actually make co-op fun.

Halo 2 was a bit of a let-down but Halo 3 was a fitting conclusion.

Halo: ODST does not personally deserve a mention amongst the stellar games of this series. I see it as an unnecessary extension better forgotten.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
ODST has a nice blade-runner feel early game but yeah it is forgettable

edit: that fucking green face pissed me off because it reminded me of snowfox

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The original Halo was a game that I think essentially ignited the FPS revolution. I'll be quite honest in saying that of the people I know that they cared jack-all about graphics until Halo came. After that almost every game must have superb graphics to be considered 'good' (I disagree with it but since Halo, people have placed increasing importance on graphics). Halo sparked that graphics revolution.

The core run-and-gun gameplay has been bastardized so many times and the assault rifle is present in some way shape or form in every game since Halo, conincidence? I don't think so.

Furthermore, this is the game that single-handedly put the Xbox on the map and launched that status of videogames from nerdy pasttime into something the majority of society views as a major entertainment industry. It made videogames truly mainstream.

Oh, and almost forgot, multiplayer was at the time an almost unparalleled experience. It ws one of the first games to actually make co-op fun.

Halo 2 was a bit of a let-down but Halo 3 was a fitting conclusion.

Halo: ODST does not personally deserve a mention amongst the stellar games of this series. I see it as an unnecessary extension better forgotten.
Far bloody better then that shit-for-brains Halo Wars.

Oh, and Bungie's Marathon games pretty much made FPS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)