What's your favourite sport? (1 Viewer)

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering which sport is the most popular in Australia among students?For me I like swimming and running. :) To me , running is the best sport in the world because it gives you new challenge , confidence , fitness , a ultimate goal and being competitive. To be a good runner, hard training is extremely important to achieve your goal and make improvement. People who play my sport love to make improvement no matter how hard the training it. Every second improvement gives an athlete so much joy!:rofl:

Please share what do you like about your sport.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
lawn bowls, footy (i stress rugby, not soccer), snooker, tennis, golf

honestly, this is a stupid thread, how are you going to generalise the 'most fav sport in australia' from this survey sample of xx?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
HKHSCstudent said:
Just wondering which sport is the most popular in Australia among students?
Football, followed by netball ;)

I suppose you could argue running and swimming were more popular seeing as though about 100% of people participate in both of those activities at some stage in their life, but they're nowhere near as popular in terms of joining clubs.

mat2154

HSC
soccer, rugby union/league, cricket, tennis, golf, f1.... pretty much any sport thats not american or afl

rusticmetal

HSC
ellen.louise said:
for novocastrians: another more formal title for the sport otherwise known as aerial pingpong
dumbass. what the hell is wrong with afl? although, i must say i can see why sydney people dont like it - the only team up there is pretty shocking.

mat2154

HSC
rusticmetal said:
dumbass. what the hell is wrong with afl? although, i must say i can see why sydney people dont like it - the only team up there is pretty shocking.
in sydney league kills afl in terms of newspaper space and airtime on radio and tv. problem is that most of the people just joined the bandwagon after sydney made the finals a few times so there aren't too many real swans supporters. fwhat i heard from most afl fans is that its shit on tv but awesome when you watch a game live.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
football :), although I don't watch it much, maybe cause it's broadcast at ridiculously late times :-/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)