What's your favourite sport? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
There's always time for cricket

*btw India sucks
Hahah that's all I'm doing in my food breaks.

Yeah they've been pretty shitty lately, but Kohli is seriously in such good form or was - I think, haven't seen them play in a bit lol.

ibrit

HSC
Basketball followed by soccer - but im always happy to go for a run. :sun:

Therese98

HSC
Sprinting, swimming, netball, basketball, soccer, AFL.....................the list goes on and stops abruptly before chess.

Therese98

HSC
Random question; why is chess counted as a sport?
Has anyone ever come home hot and sweaty, saying something like "Oh, so tired! Just had a big chess workout! Gotta go get some more protein shakes, man." (To be read in a deep, sweat-moustache-blowing voice)
It's ridiculous!

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
Random question; why is chess counted as a sport?
Has anyone ever come home hot and sweaty, saying something like "Oh, so tired! Just had a big chess workout! Gotta go get some more protein shakes, man." (To be read in a deep, sweat-moustache-blowing voice)
It's ridiculous!
The organized competition, the fact that the game is entirely dependant upon skill, the fact that people have been known to lose 2-5 pounds after a particularly intense chess match, the fact that people who are younger and are in better shape have a physical advantage over the old and feeble because they can withstand the hours of sitting completely still in a chair for up to 5 hours while concentrating intensely, and the fact that it is very popular and is played throughout the world.

Therese98

HSC
Yeah, but if a sport is a game entirely dependent on physical strength perhaps combined with some strategy and skill, then a game which is 'entirely dependent upon skill' shouldn't really count.
Seeing as chess actually 'fact'ually contributes to weight loss, perhaps I should try it a bit more. However, there always seems to be someone who's just hanging out for a chance to utterly destroy your game and self-confidence.
I remain unconvinced.

crazy_paki123

HSC
chess is a hobby as hawkrider said. If chess is a sport then why arent other board games like checkers, scrabble et al classified as sport?

emilios

HSC
Hands down gotta be squash. At first it seems lame, esp when the demographics are middle aged old men, but man its easy to pick up and learn, can give you a crazy workout, can be extremely competitive and is soo much more forgiving and quick paced than tennis. Also cheap to get into, just need a racquet and some balls.

Least favourite: running. Bad on your joints, random people often yell at you and its so goddamn boring. I love most sports but running can get stuffed

tofusenpai

HSC
My favourite is Basketball, Volleyball and Soccer. I liked the idea of not having to run or move as much in Volleyball

C20H25N3O

HSC
They’re playing basketball
We love that basketball

Now basketball is my favorite sport
I like the way they dribble up and down the court
I keep it so fresh on the microphone
I like no interruption when the game is on
I like slam-dunks that take me to the hoop
My favorite play is the alley-oop
I like the pick-n-roll
I like the give-n-go
And its basketball Bow Wow lets go

martino1234

HSC
N/A
BASKETBALL. ALL DAY.
Crossing people up and leaving a trail of snapped up ankles
dunking on people and stuffing my nuts in their faces
blocking their weak shots and yelling get that sh*t outta here
giving nice passes to my teammates to score
alley oops
hitting long distance 3s and then doing my signature russell westbrook hand signal/MJ shrug
and playing with balls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)