What's your film about? (1 Viewer)

Sam.

bored.
HSC
I'm just going to latch on to the idea someone had in the Short Stories thread and ask a few random facts about all of your films.

So...

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? One.

2. Where is your film set? Any "average" town.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Dark, humourous, hallucinatory

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? One, not quite sure how yet, probably shooting

5. Will you use special effects? Yes.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Both.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? No, not at all really.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Yes, almost the entire film.

9. How long is your film's timespan? A few weeks.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Don't know really.

Euphemist

HSC
And here we go....

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Two.

2. Where is your film set? London, about 18th century, and with the strong possibility of changing my begining and ending - present day London.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western. Darkish.... Gothic.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? One dies twice from a vampie attack, and then the vampire dies - stake in the heart.

5. Will you use special effects? Ja.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Mainly day. But possibly night?

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? No, not really at all, i'm not from that era...

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? No speech. One thing is said, and that is a voice-over.

9. How long is your film's timespan? 2 days i guess? And a dream.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Uh. I dont know?

ambidextrouscal

Learning to be Witty
HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Two.

2. Where is your film set?random... australian town...

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western. - light-hearted to deeper emotional journey with noir chucked in there

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how?yesh, one

5. Will you use special effects? yesh

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? mainly day but yes night as well

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? yes, without the death

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? VO and speech used throughout

9. How long is your film's timespan? few days

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? erm... a spoon... maybe...

pungemo

HSC
Random Fact: I will be working in Machinima (filming in a real time virtual environment) so some of these questions don't really apply.

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Two

2. Where is your film set? Computer based environment (Matrix Style)'

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Humorous throughout. Pastiche of genres used.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? A tricky question. Are they alive?

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Machinima

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Some elements, but generally no.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Not exactly. The voice over is a plot element, not narrated but the omnipresent voice of a character

9. How long is your film's timespan? Hmmm, a few days.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? The ending scene is pretty random. I don't want to spread it too much bu think of the end of the Men In Black movies, the multiple levels of reality.

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Two

2. Where is your film set? Police interview room and rural highway

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Considering film noir but otherwise no.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? There is a murder but thats as a precursor to the actual film.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Both

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes, to a certain extent

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? No.

9. How long is your film's timespan? One day

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? A police car.

whitestriped

HSC
hello..

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? 3

2. Where is your film set? a dentist's surgery, a school and a train station

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . overall tone eh.. i guess my characters are all disillusioned. but not in the teen angst way.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? no

5. Will you use special effects? no

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? day

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? i guess thats the whole point of it

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? no

9. How long is your film's timespan? a day

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? dentist drill.

gelo

HSC

2. Where is your film set? Unimportant suburbia.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Dark, nostalgic.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Its up to the viewer. i kind of stop it off at the point where the viewer decides whether or not he should/shouldnt die. if he DOES die, the options are by overdose or heartattack, once again that part is interpretative.

5. Will you use special effects? No.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? On the whole: night. Will be one or two day shots.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Little.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Yes, the entire film, there is no dialogue, only voice over.

9. How long is your film's timespan? It is ambiguous in relation to timespan.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Nothing really random.

y06rach_r

rach.r.
HSC
Re: What's your film about?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

am stuck in stagnation at the moment - getting together a script - way behind...but don't tell my mum!

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? probably three, with one of these being the one that the audience follow.

2. Where is your film set? in and around (mostly) an underground institute in australia

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . comedy, but wry, irony...dark humour and play-on-words.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? that's not the plan but who knows? if so it will have comical overtones to lighten the nihilistic roots.

5. Will you use special effects? No.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? i guess so...i'm not nihilistic or anything though.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? not as yet.

9. How long is your film's timespan? an hour or two but with a few jumps to past or future visions

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? not sure have not got a screenplay as yet.

once i have my cript up and running any help/suggestions/constructive critisism would be fantastic and i offer my services as a reader to anyone else.

studiousbiatch

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Two primary... and quite a few smaller characters

2. Where is your film set? A house, a carpark, toys r us

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . ironic, comedy, darker themes

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? no

5. Will you use special effects? no

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? yes

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? no

9. How long is your film's timespan? from the age of about 7 to 17? so 10 years?

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? pins

HSC
Thought I'd update y'all on develpoments:

1. How many primary characters will you utilise?
Two

2. Where is your film set? Police interview room and a forest

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Realism? Yeah that's it.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? No, but relatives of both characters die -> conflict.

5. Will you use special effects? No

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Day, one sequence is day for night. (Shoot during day and then edit in post).

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes, to a certain extent

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Yeah, sound montage in the opening and closing sequences. Not a narration or anything though.

9. How long is your film's timespan? Two days but separated by a year.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? The perspective of a forest animal...

BradCube

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? One... well two kinda (they are the same person)

2. Where is your film set? A house

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Thriller most proabably

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? One almost... is stabbed

5. Will you use special effects? Yup

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Just night

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Well not so much the story but the questions raised. So yes

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Nope, none at all

9. How long is your film's timespan? 1 night

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Glass of water

Last edited:

h2cker

HSC
The unkown effloresce

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? One

2. Where is your film set? Urban City/CountrySide

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Dark,Deep,Depressing. Various film styles are used

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Yes, from the stress of a ill-mind or 'broken heart'

5. Will you use special effects? Many special effects.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Both

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes, to a certain degree.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? All of it is V.O

9. How long is your film's timespan? A single day and night.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? A black piece of cardboard with a quote on it ;)

BeardEh

HSC

2. Where is your film set? A detective's office

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . noir

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? its left up to the responder

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Night

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? I think you have to in some way.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? a couple of times, mostly in flashback

9. How long is your film's timespan? exactly as long as the film itself

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? random object; american 1 dollar bill, random shot, its almost a birds-eye view of a phone conversation

bathtubsoap

HSC

2. Where is your film set? It begins at the character's house, then the beach and finally the house of her lover.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western The overall tone is a little dark, insane, melancholy? It's hard to describe. I'm mostly working around a 'boy meets girl' genre.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Not anymore.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Just during the day, one of the shots is supposed to be at night, but i just made it darker through effects.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Not to the same extent as the character does. But a little in my past, yes.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? I have a little in the beginning and one in the montage scene of my video where the character is writing a letter.

9. How long is your film's timespan? About a week.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? A shot of an old vynil record falling to the floor called "A man and a woman".

By the way h2ker I saw your draft major work on you tube. Looked excellent. I loved the dialogue btw, very eloquently written.

Last edited:

JOshy_said

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? four

2. Where is your film set? It isnt really 'set'...

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Comedy, Thought piece

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? No, I dont believe in it. :p

5. Will you use special effects? only in post.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? It would be more difficult (impossible) to tell a story or at least the motives of characters without relating to it or them somehow.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Yes, but its more of a memory, than having to deal with introducing new characters.

9. How long is your film's timespan? two hours.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? A Stickman animation. It was also the hardest thing to shoot.

matmatt

HSC

2. Where is your film set? At school and in the main characters house

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . It's almost going to be a documentry.

4. Do any of your characters die? The main character will, but we won't see it
5. Will you use special effects? No

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Mostly day but there are two night shoots

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? To a certain degree, this is about exploring my ideas rather than working out my own problems
8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Nearly the entire film

9. How long is your film's timespan? It will be the last 24 hours of the boys life
10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? hmmm there's no random objects but my shots will be very idly placed . It will comprimise of extreme long range to very confronting close ups.

7humpht

HSC
2. Where is your film set? abandoned rustic house
3. What is the overall tone of your piece? confusion, disorientation 4. Do any of your characters die? ....cliche.... no....
6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? both more than likely
7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? no but according to my reflection statement ... then yes
8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? no prefer authenticity
9. How long is your film's timespan? a few hours

Frodan

HSC
Tell me what you think :D

2. Where is your film set? Sydney Suburb

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western ...: bollywood convention with less singing n dancing... influenced by sofia coppola's marie antoinette

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? No...
5. Will you use special effects? maybe...

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? during the day.. at night only if necessary

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes, kinda like what I've been experiencing for the past few months...

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Yes, to assist in narration

9. How long is your film's timespan? a few days

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Undies...

123erykb

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Three
2. Where is your film set? Bhopal, Paris, Sydney
3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film? Montage, orson welles - extended mis en scene, absurdism, experimental

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Two, car crash and chemical explosion
5. Will you use special effects? only in post.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? sort of from an outsiders point of view telling my point of view on the world through the cahracters
8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Yes, poetry

9. How long is your film's timespan? 1 day

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? a factory in india

Daaan

HSC
Hey people!! Never done film before, but had ideas, so I thought hey, lets make a film!

Heres my ideas

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Well theres one major protagonist, but theres also a secondary one as an option

2. Where is your film set? The CBD

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Satirical view, my style!

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Haha naaah

5. Will you use special effects? Most likely ya

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Daay, 7am in the morning for a scene though :eek: :sleep:

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Nah, I like to be subtle

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Technically, although its self made advertisements through radios

9. How long is your film's timespan? Few hours

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Shall be a squirty bottle of water

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)