What's your film about? (1 Viewer)

babs123

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Three

2. Where is your film set? Out-skirting suburbs of Canberra, ACT

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? It's a kitano/kubrick work in tone with a more oppressing vibe but with vague comic relief twice.

4. Do any of your characters die? No, and one is already dead.

5. Will you use special effects? Underwater sequence (production + post)

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Day

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes it's hard to not shoot a film you don't in any way relate to.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? NO F$#KING WAY, EVERY. SINGLE. BLOODY. ENGLISH. EXT. 2. PIECE. USES. VOICE. OVER. It's so cheap and corny, film is a VISUAL medium people, it didn't have sound for thirty years after when it was born.

9. How long is your film's timespan? Twenty Four hours exactly.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Post-it notes. LOTS OF POST-IT NOTES.

spikebuzzard

HSC
I'm mixing stop-motion and 3dCG animation for my Vis Art body of work.

1. How many primary characters will you utilise?

2. Where is your film set? A microcosmic world which is in a state of flux from the real world.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . A western feel to it but very much a modern, almost surreal tone, definately dark.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Not the primary character but the 'bad dude' will. Oh... and a lot of corporate pigs.

5. Will you use special effects? Yes, greenscreening, LED's and 3D graphics

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? My environment will be totally controlled by me but i will be doing a little live action filming during the day

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes it is a very personal message about the failing zeitgeist of our time.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? No, voiceovers are never neccessary if the film is planned well.

9. How long is your film's timespan? Time is not an issue.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? An entire wall made of disfigured barbie dolls called 'the wall of vanity'. Or maybe the monster arena which is a comment on reality television and corporate mindset.

jessica.ann

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? 4

2. Where is your film set? in suburbs of sydney

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . .
its a coming of age film, i dont really kno yet

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? no they dont die, they r transformed

5. Will you use special effects? ya

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? both.. mostly mid afternoon til night

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? yes, its ultimately an identity piece.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? im using a strong narrative voice

9. How long is your film's timespan?one day/night

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? not sure yet

thesoftparade

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? One.

2. Where is your film set? Suburbia and the CBD.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . It varies considerably throughout. Overall I'd say it'll be 'off-beat'.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? No.

5. Will you use special effects? I estimate about a quarter of my film will be timelapse footage, i.e. One still camera on a tripod taking photos at a regular interval, mushed together to create some super speedy footage. Sort of like the clouds passing by on the weather channel.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Both.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Somewhat. It's my anti-utopian outlook on society - similar to "Brave New World", "1984", "A Clockwork Orange", etc.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? I'm unsure.

9. How long is your film's timespan? Many repetitive days. A bit like that movie with Bill Murray..."Groundhog Day"?

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Wife spanking her husband while he wears nappy and has a pacifier in his mouth. Okay, no. I'm not sure, either.

Squaddy

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Two

2. Where is your film set? Surban Sydney

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . All shot in POV,so I guess thats a style

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Yer, tossing up between stabbing and shot

5. Will you use special effects? No, but I hope to use particular shots which will highlight the use of the POV

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Day, probably into late afternoon

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? No. Tryng as hard as I can to avoid the teen-angst genre.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Nope

9. How long is your film's timespan? I'm thinking 4-8 hours

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? The bullying scene, not because of the effect, probably due to the acting.

jenchowdhury

HSC

2. Where is your film set? Sydney CBD, Beaches, Home.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Shot through body parts of the protagonist, e.g. her POV, hands, back of head etc. You never actually see her face... sets an eerie and mysterious mood.

5. Will you use special effects? Possibly a green screen and various computer enhanced effects.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Both.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes, very much so.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? No.

9. How long is your film's timespan? A day or two - it's unclear at this point.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? The emotion of love in a bottle, which turns into posion at the end - although its still love - anyone see what im doing here? eh? and no i'm not a romance cynic.

Elizabeth409

HSC

2. Where is your film set? Average suburb.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Film noir, reflective, innocence.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? No. Well...the end of the film you will hear sirens...so it is implied something bad has happened, but you don't actually find out.

5. Will you use special effects? Probably not.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Both if possible...but it can work just in the day.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? In a sense yes, but it is not directly my reflection.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Perhaps a little, still deciding. Most likely not.

9. How long is your film's timespan? Well, it is set today, but she will be having flashbacks to her childhood, so set over a few decades.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Burger ring on the finger...

Cool-Kipper

HSC

2. Where is your film set? An unknown town in NSW

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Mock-Documentary

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? No. None.

5. Will you use special effects? Most unlikely

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Mainly during the day time and afternoon

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes - Definatly, my main character reminds me of me...

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Yes, i use them sparingly

9. How long is your film's timespan? It is set over two weeks.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Spam salad.

jenchowdhury

HSC
Well my film's changed somewhat significantly so I thought i'd repost here! Ha...

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? One mainly, although there are three other characters.

2. Where is your film set? Sydney - a surburban home, beachs, on the road, the CBD, etc.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Half the video will be shot through a hand held camera to give the illusion of past memories.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Yes, the three other characters (friends of the protagonist) - not the main character. They are all driving in a car when a big 4 wheel drive collides with them head on, although all you see is an image of the car heading for them - no crashing sound, tires screeching, screams, nothing - just a black screen after it.

5. Will you use special effects? Yes, green screens and other computer enhanced effects.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Both, mainly day.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Yes in a way.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Perhaps - unsure at this point.

9. How long is your film's timespan? The film documents the whole life of the main character.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? The whole film is shown through a photo album, which reflects and regenerates memories of the protagonist through her life... through the photo album we learn her journey.

Elizabeth409

HSC
My idea has also changed since first posting.

2. Where is your film set? In a big hall, and carpark and surrounding area.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . Choice, control.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Nope.

5. Will you use special effects? Probably not.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Just day.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? Kind of.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Maybe. It's not entirely necessary though....but we'll see.

9. How long is your film's timespan? One day.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Um....my character lying in the middle of an empty carpark?
I dunno....none really too out there...

zarayoungblutt

HSC
It will hopefully end up like this:

1. How many primary characters will you utilise? One i spose but theres like a key supporting actress.

2. Where is your film set? just an ordinary house and its surroundings.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . umm its pretty serious and sad i spose, film noir ish.

4. Do any of your characters die? If so, how? Nope.

5. Will you use special effects? heck yea.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? night and evening.

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? yea i think most ppl can.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? yea a few.

9. How long is your film's timespan? One night. i spose.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Um... dunno.

there u go. Z

lanymphet

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? one (myself) with 2 support actresses.

2. Where is your film set? carpark, park, streets around broadway in sydney, my house.
3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western . . . its arthouse, very raw, low budget, serious, natural, poetic.. lots and lots of symbolism.

4. Do any of your characters die? no one dies! yay

5. Will you use special effects? only black and white for a dream

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? dawn, day, dusk and night

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? not exactly

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? yep, for internal thoughts

9. How long is your film's timespan? 3 days

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? lying in the middle of a carpark at dawn.. or maybe even sinking into the bathtub

HSC
1. How many primary characters will you utilise? Two main characters, one protagonist.

2. Where is your film set? In the suburbs out of the city.

3. What is the overall tone of your piece? Do you use any particular style of film, eg. noir, western To my knowledge I'm not using any particular style in film. Overall tone of the piece... well the film emulates one mans frustration and attempts to be in control... if that helps =]

5. Will you use special effects? Probably not, and if so sparingly and only ones that don't alter the films 'natural' appearance.

6. Will you be filming at night, during the day or both? Day, dusk and night

7. Do you relate to the story you're telling? My idea stemmed originally from a younger personal experience.

8. Do you have a voice-over at any point? Not once

9. How long is your film's timespan? A couple of hours, from afternoon to night.

10. What is the most random shot/object you use in your film? Uh I don't know... my film is pretty 'normal'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)