Whats your major? (1 Viewer)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
phrred said:
nothing
perhaps a better way of thinking
Not necessarily true.

Journalism, academia and public policy formulation (especially if combined with something like sociology or government) are all possibilities. There's a particular demand for philosophers and historians nowadays because they have a much more honed ability to think critically and conduct archival research than the average university graduate.

HSC
mine will hopefully be:

linguistics for social sciences, french for humanities, and performance studies as a second humanities if i can somehow squeeze in enough senior credit points.

BlackDragon

HSC
MCB said:
what does a philosophy major lead 2 after u've got the degree???
a philosophy major enables people to think and observe the world with much more depth, insight and intelligence. Philosophy majors have the ability to think and articulate themselve at much deeper levels.
Philosophy majors are sought after highly in many circumstances due to these abilities and also due to an increased ability to write properly and articulately, as well as their ability to argue and use language well. so for example, they can be quite well sought after in every type of career path but especially law, business, marketing, linguistics, government.. etc.

phrred said:
lol. you know nothing

Last edited:

sarajane

HSC
I am studying for my Bachelor of Arts - double major in Humanities and Library Information Services, with a view toward tutoring in adult education.

twisty182

HSC
N/A
B.Psych with a minor in organizational psychology and maybe economics.

HSC
Psychology and maybe Philosophy. ^ ______ ^ I'm glad to hear that there is something I can do with a phil major (hopefully).

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Government and International Relations and either History or Ancient History. Trying to put off that decision as long as possible.

jakree_golf

HSC
just a quick question, I've just been offered a place for an economics/ artscombined degree at UNSW and Im just wondering if I could still do double majors for my arts component provided that im also intending to do double majors for my economics degree?????

also if i only did one major for economics, would i be able to do 2 majors for arts???

tkinnear

lalala..
HSC
International diplomacy + global governance + French

Wooo

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Philosophy.

The thought of greater articulation and clarity of thought never ceases to wet my anticipatory sheets.

hannahxxx

HSC
For the arts side of my degree, gender studies-mainly because it's bloody fascinating

boris2003

HSC
History, Politics and Philosophy, maybe for 3 years, maybe for 6 months, still deciding between arts and accounting:bomb:

nick1689

HSC
Government and International Relations + Islam and the Middle East. Should be an interesting combination..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)