what's your opinion on transgender children? (1 Viewer)

what do you think of transgender children?

• disgusting

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • beautiful

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • don't care

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

sharoooooo

HSC
For a better understanding on transgender children, visit Jazz Jennings Youtube Channel.
Shes the youngest national transgender figure in America at age 14.

pororo

HSC
Lol some people use complex words to make themselves sound smart

sinophile

HSC
N/A
if you wanna build a convincing trap you gotta start young

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Naturalistic Fallacy... There is no order in nature, there is only the constant but futile struggle to maintain that balance between order and chaos. In a few billion years, the Earth's "homeostasis" will fail and the runaway greenhouse effect will occur, turning Earth into Venus. But nature doesn't care, it continues trying to find that sweet spot between order and chaos. Humans are a by-product of that, and we have done many terrible things to unknowingly destabilise the balancing act. But transexuality? That evaporates in comparison to what we have done to this planet.
Sorry, I would have get out, but I am going to but in, and say this completely undermines the scientific method and process of scientific method, which assumes and relies on such fact that there is order (within reason of course). Secondly, your statement that it is constant, then loses also its basis. Thirdly, I think futility is a poor excuse to justify anything as excusable, I am not fatalistic, and certainly not nihilistic.

"But nature doesn't care, it continues trying to find that sweet spot between order and chaos." - Prove that statement, it is very ambiguous.

Sorry but your comparison to "what we have done to this planet" is much also a faulty comparison fallacy, as you yourself imply, so your argument makes no sense at all. Your argument is because the world is going to waste anyway (via greenhouse), then we should allow anything that does not add to that, does not justify transgenderism as normal.

This world certainly has other issues to deal with, but two things to note, children are already as early in kindergarten, been told confusing messages from education about gender and sexuality and it is not helping the transparency on this issue. (The education system is acting like same-sex marriage is already legalised in Australia).

Secondly, why call it a "gender identity disorder" if it is perfectfully natural. There are things called CAIS (cannot remember the other one), that lead to other gender disorders and including intersex people.

Is it ethical to give the right to a kid to decide whether they wish to transition. No, I think it is unwise, particularly if it is, which it can be, something else, or only a temporary phase (which it sometimes but not always is).

I agree more with Flop21, we don't get kids to make other big life decisions (I am talking about under 13 year olds, teenagers might be a different story), and this falls under that.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry, I would have get out, but I am going to but in, and say this completely undermines the scientific method and process of scientific method, which assumes and relies on such fact that there is order (within reason of course). Secondly, your statement that it is constant, then loses also its basis. Thirdly, I think futility is a poor excuse to justify anything as excusable, I am not fatalistic, and certainly not nihilistic.

"But nature doesn't care, it continues trying to find that sweet spot between order and chaos." - Prove that statement, it is very ambiguous.

Sorry but your comparison to "what we have done to this planet" is much also a faulty comparison fallacy, as you yourself imply, so your argument makes no sense at all. Your argument is because the world is going to waste anyway (via greenhouse), then we should allow anything that does not add to that, does not justify transgenderism as normal.

This world certainly has other issues to deal with, but two things to note, children are already as early in kindergarten, been told confusing messages from education about gender and sexuality and it is not helping the transparency on this issue. (The education system is acting like same-sex marriage is already legalised in Australia).

Secondly, why call it a "gender identity disorder" if it is perfectfully natural. There are things called CAIS (cannot remember the other one), that lead to other gender disorders and including intersex people.

Is it ethical to give the right to a kid to decide whether they wish to transition. No, I think it is unwise, particularly if it is, which it can be, something else, or only a temporary phase (which it sometimes but not always is).

I agree more with Flop21, we don't get kids to make other big life decisions (I am talking about under 13 year olds, teenagers might be a different story), and this falls under that.
Do kids need to be 18 to decide if they like girls or guys ? N0 (Well hey.. That's a pretty big life decision).

Kids know if they like girls or girls from a young age and probably know if they are transgender

kuromusha

HSC
N/A
what if you change your mind as you grow up? You know, people change their mind about tattoo..

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Do kids need to be 18 to decide if they like girls or guys ? N0 (Well hey.. That's a pretty big life decision).

Kids know if they like girls or girls from a young age and probably know if they are transgender
doesn't address the argument really. I was only referring to pre-13 year olds anyway. Most people don't discover if they girls or guys until teenager years anyway.

secondly, legally, the parent would still have to give consent and be effectively responsible for whatever outcome, being allowed for example to use "blocker" drugs.

thirdly, feelings are highly subjective, and can change (not saying they do).

This issue is highly complicated, especially legally the implications.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
From a medical perspective I think its best that a child undergoes their natural puberty cycle before undergoing HRT. Other than disrupting an otherwise normal biological process, I really have no opinion on the issue.

On a personal level, I think every child makes decisions they regret. I don't think wanting to become transgender is an issue tbh.

Flop21

HSC
I mean, I suppose we have the technology so why not?

But what is even the point. Can someone explain why people feel the need to change their gender? I mean, some people want wings, wanna be a bird, but we're not birds so we accept that and get over it. A person can act like a 'boy' or a 'girl' all they want, why is there a need to mess with hormones?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

But what is even the point. Can someone explain why people feel the need to change their gender? I mean, some people want wings, wanna be a bird, but we're not birds so we accept that and get over it. A person can act like a 'boy' or a 'girl' all they want, why is there a need to mess with hormones?
I guess in a way to possibly seek acceptance. They might face bullying if say a male goes to school in a face full of makeup. If they're trans, nobody will really know.

Other than that for their own benefit, they can physically and mentally feel the part.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

That's an incredibly ignorant statement.

Wants and needs are different. Wants are things we can live without. Needs are something that are more vital and central to our existence.

Flop21

HSC
That's an incredibly ignorant statement.

Wants and needs are different. Wants are things we can live without. Needs are something that are more vital and central to our existence.
What are you saying? I explicitly asked for it to be explained. But still, I don't really understand from your reply. You're saying transgender people NEED to change their bodies physically and chemically?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
What are you saying? I explicitly asked for it to be explained. But still, I don't really understand from your reply. You're saying transgender people NEED to change their bodies physically and chemically?
Well transgender people cannot get over the fact that they are in a body which is a mismatch. It brings them comfort after they have changed genders.

Yes they need to change physically and chemically.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Well transgender people cannot get over the fact that they are in a body which is a mismatch. It brings them comfort after they have changed genders.

Yes they need to change physically and chemically.
not in every case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)