what's your opinion on transgender children? (1 Viewer)

what do you think of transgender children?

• disgusting

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • beautiful

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • don't care

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

Flop21

HSC
Do kids need to be 18 to decide if they like girls or guys ? N0 (Well hey.. That's a pretty big life decision).

Kids know if they like girls or girls from a young age and probably know if they are transgender
This has nothing to do with a kid's sexuality and is an incredibly ignorant statement.

I understand the issue more now. "the brain is just wired to expect a different set of physical characteristics than it has, and thus causes dysphoria as a way of expressing that it thinks there is something wrong with ones body." Also they go on to say that it's easier to go through the gender changing process than to try rewiring the brain.

Makes sense and understandable.

I'm still unsure on whether kids should be able to go through the process. Kids, no. Older teenagers yeah I suppose. That's my opinion on the matter.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Children don't have the mental capacity to decide gender. There's a big issue with determining what is just 'child like identification' and self-actualization.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120

Yet policy makers and the media are doing no favors either to the public or the transgendered by treating their confusions as a right in need of defending rather than as a mental disorder that deserves understanding, treatment and prevention. This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken—it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.
This guy is one of THE TOP psychiatrists in the world, highly revered and published and he knows his fucking shit.

When children who reported transgender feelings were tracked without medical or surgical treatment at both Vanderbilt University and London's Portman Clinic, 70%-80% of them spontaneously lost those feelings
So 70-80% of kids lose feelings of identifying with the opposite gender. Having such a life altering surgery at such a young age has very serious consequences.

The long-term study—up to 30 years—followed 324 people who had sex-reassignment surgery. The study revealed that beginning about 10 years after having the surgery, the transgendered began to experience increasing mental difficulties. Most shockingly, their suicide mortality rose almost 20-fold above the comparable nontransgender population

sy37

HSC
Children don't have the mental capacity to decide gender. There's a big issue with determining what is just 'child like identification' and self-actualization.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120

This guy is one of THE TOP psychiatrists in the world, highly revered and published and he knows his fucking shit.

So 70-80% of kids lose feelings of identifying with the opposite gender. Having such a life altering surgery at such a young age has very serious consequences.
How dare you present a well-informed and referenced argument, take your evidence and logic out of here! Heathen!

FedoraTheExplorer

HSC
Personally, if the child is prepubescent, i would be against as the human mind changes and they might be misinformed. However, once they have gone through puberty and discovered their sexuality properly, i fully support it. As long as it makes the individual happy, i'm on board.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I personally think cis people (including myself) underestimate how horrible and torturous it must be to be living in a body and a gender to which you just don't belong to, and I can only imagine how much harder it must be if you had an unsupportive family/support network, or if you just couldn't afford surgery as an adult.
I used to think that young children should be granted HRT before puberty if they wished (obviously after undergoing thorough psychological exams) but idk about that anymore. I don't want to dismiss gender-questioning kids but I do think it something to perhaps not seriously consider treatment until high school, although treatment is much more effective and convenient when underwent before puberty.

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
transgenderism i.e. gender dysphoria is a mental illness and it rarely lasts to adulthood if experienced as a child

its insane to be pumping kids full of sex hormones to make their body conform to their faulty mental perceptions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)