th

No.1 Asset
HSC
sorry just wana find out ?? end and finish

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I answered this question in response to your pm as well but I'll post it here in casee anyone else has a similar question.
kami said:
It is 2 weeks but for a lot of courses there is a non teaching week before the holidays where they have just assessments instead of classes

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
kami said:
I answered this question in response to your pm as well but I'll post it here in casee anyone else has a similar question.
What happens during that week exactly? What do the students do? Do we have to go to TAFE that week?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I will give my course as an example, I have no classes in this week but I do have assessments and exams which I come to attend, but only those. If I have no exams for that class I don't turn up eg. 3u math at tafe has an exam on the moday of that week, so I turn up to that but no 3u math classes, however 4u maths does not have an exam, so I turn up for no classes for that despite the lack of exams. This happens in several tafe faculties I believe but not neccesarily all faculties. So in summary, in non-teaching week, you have just assessments and turn up just for those, no classes.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
kami said:
non teaching week before the holidays
i think that might just be for hsc courses or courses which finish this term (final exams)...i'm not exactly sure what courses this relates to, but if your course had a non teaching week, you'd know about it by now

Last edited:

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Non-teaching weeks are for the students taking externally set exams and for the teachers to get their marking and marks entry finalised for the end of the semester. While your course might run all year most modules do not and teachers need to finalise these so you can get a statement of results. Most classes do not operate since it is "non teaching" however there are exceptions, eg. class running behind, people needing to finish project work etc.

If you walk around your campus you should notice a large (A2?) sheet with Mid Semester Examination dates and times on it. If your class has an exam it will be on it. Teachers are allowed to point out that you will have an exam but it will be up to you to find out when and where they will be as these can change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)