When are your chances of band 6 "over"? (1 Viewer)

muramasa

HSC
I know there are other threads like this but...
I've heard different news from different people about how school marks determine your chances of getting band 6. Some say that it isn't over until the HSC but others say otherwise. Would it really matter if you did badly (like around 60%~ and ranking around average) in half yearly exams? Would it matter that much IF you don't do well in trials?

Combo

beast
HSC
ye well if you're ranked 30/60 after trials in a school that usually gets 2 band 6's then you would need to perform at state ranking level to maybe scrape a band 6. Effort is required throughout the year to achieve B6. not just the last 3 months, so you still have chance

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
there are a lot of variables to factor into play when you ask that question, but generally, I like to believe that the chances of getting a b6 are over when you say it is.

and no it doesn't matter too much if you did poorly in half yearlies because you still have over 50% of exams to get a better rank. tbh, instead of dwelling on what you have done, think about what you can do in the future to seriously boost your rank. thinking about what could've been done, instead of what can be done, is a serious barrier to success because you're always caught up in the past. there's nothing you can do about doing crap in one exam because its done, so move on and focus on the future. again, its not over until you say it is.

if you're looking for more realistic chances of getting a b6, ask your principal or deputy about what the stats are like and work towards getting into that rank range at school so your "chances" of getting a b6 are more in your favour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)