When are your half yearlies? (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
Mine are in week 9-10. I heard that some schools have theirs in Term 2? I think it's kinda unfair but it's up to the school I guess. Damn school.

dim-sims

HSC
Ours start on w10 Wednesday.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

shortnsweet

HSC
Ours are mostly finished - we started last week (week 6 and 7) and they finish this friday.

ShadowLighte

HSC
Whoa, okay I don't feel so bad now LOL poor guys starting so early. But damn you must go through the content really quickly- guessing not from a general public school then?

VenomousCharm

HSC
We started our half yearlies this week. The kids that study Bio tell me that cos one of the classes had a teacher away for two weeks due to external factors, they had to cut down the exam from 3 hours to 2. There's only two 3 hour exams happening in the whole school, and 1 kid has to do both. On the same day. Poor Nick, we hardly knew ye

shortnsweet

HSC
Whoa, okay I don't feel so bad now LOL poor guys starting so early. But damn you must go through the content really quickly- guessing not from a general public school then?
actually we're kind of behind in most of my classes, and also I come from a public school (rank in like 300s) o.o I don't know why they made them early, we ended up rushing through some topics.

enoilgam

HSC
Mine were in the last two weeks of term one - I guess I would have liked the holidays to study, but all-in-all I dont think it would have made much difference.

Hopp

HSC
Weeks 10/11 for me, managed to get tests on the first day and last day too.

braintic

HSC
N/A
I'm wondering how the timing of exams can be regarded as 'unfair'.

Also wondering why the timing of exams should be in any way related to the speed at which the courses are taught.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Already had them...haha but at least I'm free now!

I'm wondering how the timing of exams can be regarded as 'unfair'.

Also wondering why the timing of exams should be in any way related to the speed at which the courses are taught.
I think it might be classified as unfair because some schools might have taught faster/slower than others? but honestly, I don't really see what kind of difference timing of half-yearlies make because the assessments are all relative to the school. Eventually, all the schools have to finish teaching the HSC course anyway, so there's no real disadvantage imo.

GabbyS

HSC
My school decided this year that year 12 wouldn't have a formal half-yearly exam period. It's now up to our teachers if they want to have an in-class examination, or just another assessment task, but either way it's a serious disadvantage for my cohort because we don't get the necessary practice in true exam conditions. It's awful for distance ed students like me too because all our assessments follow our distance school's timetable and the assessment periods no longer match up. My trials are in week 8 of term 2 instead of being during term three like everyone else as well :( my school sucks...

sweetiez09

HSC
We had ours the past two weeks, so weeks 7 & 8 (I think, i tend to get my weeks confused...)
So over and done with, a big relief! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)