When did you start concentrating wholly on Paper1? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Have you prepeared yourself yet?

I'll stop studying for the other subjects and start for English tomorrow.

n8r

HSC
The HSC english papers are a joke. Ethnics like me are getting band 6 marks which I think is stupid. Anyways, all you have to do for paper one is memorize two of your fantastic essays and smash 'em in as fast as you can so you can reserve all your time for the poety, comprehension part. What I've learnt is that the more you write for section one the more chances you have of saying something that gets you a mark. But you will require more time for that. So it's imperative you finish your essays as quickly as possible. So start today. Not tomorrow. Best of luck playboy.

the_essence

HSC
n8r said:
The HSC english papers are a joke. Ethnics like me are getting band 6 marks which I think is stupid. Anyways, all you have to do for paper one is memorize two of your fantastic essays and smash 'em in as fast as you can so you can reserve all your time for the poety, comprehension part. What I've learnt is that the more you write for section one the more chances you have of saying something that gets you a mark. But you will require more time for that. So it's imperative you finish your essays as quickly as possible. So start today. Not tomorrow. Best of luck playboy.
Yep, yep. Well said. I do the same thing!
English is a joke, and my school assessment is 96%. hehe, just had to mention that

the_essence

HSC
Re: When did you start concentrating wholly on Paper1?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really know if you can study for questions 1 or 2.

Oh you can for 2. Basically, any story can be linked to the stimulus they provide u.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i've been doing vague study for it all week... just making notes on all the skrzynecki poems (u know it still takes me forever to spell that name), the stimulus texts and mapping out potential stories. i'm pretty sure i'll be okay for the essay. you cant really study for the first bit since its all unseen. i've been concentrating on the creative coz i always seem to get caught out with a stimulus or whatever that doesnt fit any of my ideas. so yeah i have a bank of like 12 now...im prepared :D. but yeh im a bit over the essay bit. i'll study for it properly tomorrow.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I'll probably do just English tomorrow, but I've done it to death already, so I don't know if there's really any point. I'll see how it goes.

Tim035

HSC
Note to self "studying english all day is a really bad idea" not only do u get incredibly bad hand cramps but you become bored out of your brain.

I started at 9am its now 4pm... I' am so tired and so bored I dont want to look at my english essays again until the exam. But I know come tommorow nerves will have me going hell for leather writing them out.

Its annoying as hell but because I can't concentrate on any other subject, I try and do maths or biology and all I can think about is dam journeys!!! grr!!!

zeek

HSC
yeah well its the only one thats compulsory so u can't exactly do that... unless you want to stuff up

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
Tomorrow. Luckily it's one of the few subjects I'm not omgscrewed in, so I'll be taking it easy, not panicking and sleeping early tomorrow. :)

s2indie

HSC
Today. Oh wait, no, I spent some time doing maths.

Tomorrow will be english all the freakin way. Stupid journeys.

boris2003

HSC
I finished creative writing today, tomorrow i'm doing skrzynecky, (spelling-mistake):mad1:, it's cool this part is the easiest one for me, paper 2 i will definitely nail in the wild and do reasonably well in forntline, however king lear is another story.
Cheers to all of you,
good luck

Riviet

HSC
N/A
When did you start concentrating wholly on Paper 1?
Technically on Monday, when I came to realise that paper 1 was on Friday. :p

But over the last few days, I've been doing about 85% paper 1 and 15% paper 2 study. I want to actually have a bit of a break on the weekend and not have to cram 3 modules in that period. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)