When do PhB offers come out? (1 Viewer)

dreamee

HSC
do they come out in the preliminary round? or main round? or are do they phone ppl up?

Has anyone already gotten one? (excluding guaranteed offers due to olympiad medals etc.)

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Main offer, but if you got a PhB or a National Undergraduate scholarship, then they'd have already called you. But about 30% of PhB Science students don't get any scholarship. Mind you, there are always plenty of scholarships on offer in the 2nd round and onwards after people turn down ANU degrees as they'd rather go to uni in Melb or Syd.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
What was your UAI, anyway? And which PhB degree were you applying for?

Just because you haven't gotten a scholarship offer so far doesn't mean you won't get in, and doesn't even mean that you won't get a scholarship. In my very first O-week we had a meeting for all PhB students and the head of PhB said "by the way, is *insert name* here? You just got given a National Undergraduate Scholarship". So even into the first few weeks they're still offering scholarships as some people turn them down to go to different unis.

dreamee

HSC
I got 99.85 and applied for a phb in arts.

No phone call; got an email for a merit scholarship.

and no offers so far...

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
I think if you got 99.85 then you would be absolutely certain to get in. The merit one is the $6500 one for people who got between 99-50-99.89, right? (They only changed it this year, it used to be different).

If you've gotten an email offering you a merit scholarship then you should be fine. You do realise you can't hold a national merit or national undergraduate scholarship as well as a PhB scholarship, right? You only get the PhB one if you didn't get offered a merit or national undergraduate one in the first place.

In short, you're pretty much certain to get in. Stop worrying ;) You only find out if you got into PhB ahead of the main offers if they offer you a PhB scholarship... which you were too good to get anyway.

dreamee

HSC
*sigh* you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that... :)

Yeh: I know that you can't hold both scholarships... but am hoping to squeeze in on the 12.5k when enough sydney/melb ppl choose to stay home instead of moving to Canberra. call me greedy! :p

Thanks for all that... so only 11 days to go until all is settled. :-D

I am here!

HSC
N/A
What are you going to major in?

(Female? Mars? I guess English or Sociology. Prove me wrong.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)