When do we choose our major/s? (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
When do 1st Years choose their BCom major/s? I've read that you do it on enrolment, which seems a bit too soon to decide...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
You can choose it when ever you want. All you have to do is get a change of majors form from the commerce office. You don't have to choose majors now, you won't even have to do so until the end of first year when you finished all core courses and have to choose specific electives. I didn't declare my major till the start of semester two first year.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It'd help if you knew roughly what you wanted to do, because each semester you have a free elective, and it would be wise to choose subjects for that major as your electives

ricenoodles

HSC
I just completed second year and I haven't notified FCE what majors I'm doing. Is it essential that I inform them asap?

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
ricenoodles said:
I just completed second year and I haven't notified FCE what majors I'm doing. Is it essential that I inform them asap?
Nope, although it is a good idea to do so.

You must declare your majors in order to be eligible to graduate with a BCom degree (ie. if you haven't declared you major+minor or double major by final semester of your degree, then they won't let you graduate).

So it might be a good idea to let them know, because there's no harm in doing so. You can change it as many times as you want before graduation (provided you have met the criteria for major/minor from that particular school).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)