When do we know if our EAS gets approved? (1 Viewer)

kaytt

HSC
I rang up UAC and they said that you never actually find out unless you get a lower ATAR needed for the course; e.g. you get 80 and you needed 90 but you still got in.

:( so we all have to wait until we get our ATAR. Oh also, the lady said that UTS sends emails to tell you afterwards as does Macquarie but the others dont.

kaytt

HSC
yeah i'm pretty sure that was the only email, considering they were accepting applicants until mid-november for late applicants. I'm going off what UAC lady said

laura898

HSC
Talking to my career's advisor, the highest amount of ATAR points they would ever give is 4.
And that is for severe circumstances.
Which majorly sucks.

They mostly add 1 or 2 ATAR points if at all. Most don't even get accepted :S

It is a silly system I think.

I'm just praying that I won't have to worry about my EAS and be able to get into my course without constantly worrying for a whole month before UNI offers are released about whether I actually got accepted or not :S

sigh.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
The maximum is 5 actually. But, yeah that is for severe disadvantages. I've gotten the letter from UAC saying they've received it but nothing from Uni's.

danielle..

is awesome.
HSC
this probably sounds stupid but what's EAS? just wondering...

laura898

HSC
Educational Access Scheme.

For people who have had disadvantages to their year 11/12 schooling. Illness, financial difficulties, moving schools several times during yr 11 and 12, immigrants etc.

Last edited:

simplyyme

HSC
I don't think we actaully find out if we get approved for EAS, UAC only sends a confirmation that they have recieved your application and nothing they say nothing else about.

laura898

HSC
No we don't ever actually find out.
The only way you would know is if you got accepted into your desired uni course, despite having lower marks than required.

prodigyinc

HSC
i hope you get an asterix you piece of shit.. you dont know the crap some people have had to deal with during this time

kateemily

HSC
it depends on what uni you're looking at as to how many points they add on. true most only add max 5, but i know UTS will add on max 10 points. they are one of the better uni's in terms of giving consideration to EAS applicants. i know they also judge you on your academic results as well. which is an incentive to do better in your hsc, because i think they hand out the limited number (10% i think) in terms of uai, starting from the top. is a little bit dodgy, but good in terms of if u try and succeed but not quite enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)