When do you get your demerit points back? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm on my red P's and yesterday did something extremely stupid, resulting in the loss of three points. When do I get my points back again?

I tried looking it up online but I can't find anywhere that actually explains the points system, not even the RTA website.

I would have asked the cop but unfortunately I started to cry as soon as I gave him my license so I couldn't really talk- very embarassing.:eek:

Pace_T

HSC
Demerit points and licence suspensions
The law requires the RTA to send a notice of suspension to a licence holder who has incurred 12 or more demerit points in any three-year period.

The law permits the counting of demerit points for offences of any age but suspension can only be applied if the dates the offences were committed are within 3 years of each other.

However, the RTA considers it would be unreasonable to consider offences more than 40 months old. The 40-month period exists to ensure that delays between an infringement taking place and the RTA being notified of the infringement are taken into account and ensures that only recent and relevant offences are counted.

For this reason, demerit points up to 40 months old are displayed on the RTA’s online demerit point enquiry screen, because these offences have the potential to count towards a demerit point licence suspension.

Demerit points used towards a licence suspension can’t be counted towards future licence suspensions.

Note: Offences and the relevant number of demerit points remain on a person’s driving record irrespective of the age of the offence. If you obtain a copy of your driving record, all your offences and demerit points will be displayed because this accurately reflects your driving history.

found it in 10 seconds :)
by the way suck shit you fucking idiot

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
i lost 4 points because i once let my cousin drive my car, then a (speed fine in a school zone) letter came home to me, i cbf paying for it and i don't like paying to these people. so i lost 4 points. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)