WHEN DOES ARTxPRESS GET ANNOUNCED? (1 Viewer)

NeverSummer

How are people going about answering the four questions? I came to think we were meant to answer them separately, as it specifies "answerS". But doing this takes more than 100 words. Are we just meant to write a little blurb? or actually try to answer the questions?

tegs

Ok, ours isn't even getting marked at school until monday. How the hell are they already meant to be shortlisted?
This really isn't fair on the country schools. I hear about this happening all the time, last year one of my friends didn't get told she'd been shortlisted until 2 days before they selected the final list, and because she couldn't get them to sydney in time, she didn't even have a chance.

Last edited:

riss

i looked at the marking guidelines from last year and it said 9,000 people submitted a BOW the year before that was like 8,800?

sorry just wanted to pay out my art department some more they gave me 36/50 which was low compared to with other people in my class that got in the 40s

tegs thats slack that they havent marked your work yet i read a thread about the country schools whats the deal with that?

allyteaded

They should start marking the country schools first then...

That's so terrible!! ... It isn't very fair, considering you're being compared to the whole state - and there's got to be excellent BOW in country schools - being in the pool is only meaningful when you're up against the best and every single individual. :\ and why are they so early about it anyway?? I mean, at least wait until all schools have been marked...

For me, I'm just very very glad I got a good mark! ^_^ with the way I went in HSC English both papers ... hahahahahah... ugh...

Wel, I'm getting my art teacher to look at what I've written and tell me what I should fix. I hear it's important to write well because it allows them to reconsider your work. Also VAPDs are important. Oh yeah! Frames! Thanks for pointing that out, soso! (Ugh... I'm so silly... I forgot...)

Hey, quick question... how many VAPDs did people end up doing? I'm just wondering if I totally overdid the VAPDs thing... (I should really start a new thread about it ... but I'm lazy... :p

OOoooh really??? 8000-9000 people state wide?? Wow! Must be sooo good to be in that 800! I feel special ^_^

I thought there'd be like 4000 or something...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)