When does Uni start in 05? (1 Viewer)

ChRiS_2004

Just wondering when does Uni start back for 05 students how are first years at wollongong this year? is it in febuary or in march? i am confused i have been trying to find the important dates but i dont understand what it is saying.
Thanks for you help.
Chris.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
chris_gleeson24 said:
Just wondering when does Uni start back for 05 students how are first years at wollongong this year? is it in febuary or in march? i am confused i have been trying to find the important dates but i dont understand what it is saying.
Thanks for you help.
Chris.
http://www.uow.edu.au/student/dates.html

- Scroll down and there's all the dates for 2005.

For what you want to know,

O-Week starts on 16th Feb till the 20th
Lectures for everyone starts on the 23rd February.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Without Wings said:
i thoughty o week started on the 14th? the monday?? i swear thats wot it said on the uow site when i looked

14 February - 18 February Orientation Week
21 February - 24 March Lectures Commence (5 weeks)
:)
And you are teh right!! :D

Listen to Without_Wings, she knows her stuff she does.

ChRiS_2004

Yeah i was just confused coz other unis are starting their semesters on the 7th of march. Thats why i thought i was reading it wrong. So thanks guys for the input.
Love Chris.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Not if you don't want to, but O-Week is used by a lot of students to go get parking permits, buy textbooks, club and society memberships, not to mention organise admin stuff.

But there are some occasions where you're invited for something if you're a first year student so I'd advise to turn up to that stuff.

Ninga

HSC
O-week is orientation week - a chance for new students to get acclimatised to uni, and to meet other students and lecturers, etc. And a chance to learn more about uni life before diving head first into it.

Parking permits are sold differently this year, theres some reservation system or something. Which will hopefully stop all the buy happy first years who snapped up all the permits last year, meaning i had to get a half year permit and queue up for a 2nd semester one...grrr.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ninga said:
O-week is orientation week - a chance for new students to get acclimatised to uni, and to meet other students and lecturers, etc. And a chance to learn more about uni life before diving head first into it.

Parking permits are sold differently this year, theres some reservation system or something. Which will hopefully stop all the buy happy first years who snapped up all the permits last year, meaning i had to get a half year permit and queue up for a 2nd semester one...grrr.
It happens every year. I just park at the Botannical Gardens these days because I can't be bothered paying some ridiculous amount of money for a permit which gives me a parking sport at the back of the Western Carpark which is still a hike to most of my classes.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
clubs and socieites usually do a membership drive during O-Week targeting first years, but there is an official club and society day too in which the harass everyone, just not the first year kiddies.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I found o-week to be a royal waste of time last year. The only thing Id advise going to is the law welcome orientation thing cos you get subject outlines and stuff.

Ninga

HSC
It is sorta a waste of time if you look at it one way, but its beneficial in others. I met a fair few people doing my degree and subjects and stuff, and you get to have a look at the uni in a sense before it starts. Before classes and stress and stuff.

suz

HSC
Like Ms 12 said it was only good for me cause they gave us all the law outlines and the readings you had to have done!!!! but I would still recommend you to go. Like others have said it gave me a chance to explore and also meet some people

flynn

remember that enrolment day is between 1st and 4th of feb, and you have to be there or you will need to apply for late enrolment.

i made that mistake and will have to apply for a late enrolment as i won't be in wollongong until the thirteenth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)