when is everyone moving to canberra? (1 Viewer)

richardneill

HSC
I'm struggling to stay under the 23kg I can take on the plane...and if I fill my carry-on bag up too much it will be over the limit to take on lol...
Lol I ended up couriering most of my stuff down as my dad has a business account with Toll Ipec so it didn't cost TOO much. There's really no other way to get a desktop computer and a stereo down there.

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
I'm in Burg, moving down on the 13th. How much is everyone taking? I seem to be packing most of my bedroom, but i figured if i get down there and I'm hideously over packed, my parents can just take stuff home with them. Oh, and as for Canberra being like a prison, try living in Parkes first. You think Canberra has nothing? Parkes is famous for a massive dish and our funnest attraction is an overgrown skate park.

douchebag

HSC
N/A
i'm arriving on the evening of the 13th staying at B&G. any cheap places nearby to recommend to get food?

gingerwitch28

HSC
I'm in Burg, moving down on the 13th. How much is everyone taking? I seem to be packing most of my bedroom, but i figured if i get down there and I'm hideously over packed, my parents can just take stuff home with them. Oh, and as for Canberra being like a prison, try living in Parkes first. You think Canberra has nothing? Parkes is famous for a massive dish and our funnest attraction is an overgrown skate park.
Aw my mum loves going to Parkes, she thinks it's one of the nicest towns in NSW :p

Ditto with half the bedroom. The uni gardens pic doesn't look like it has much book space so I'm kind of worried at the huge amount of personal books plus textbooks and uni stuff that is going to have to fit into this tidgy shared space! Maybe roomie and I can go halfsies on a bookshelf...

vikraman

HSC
I went by today but forgot to take my camera! They didn't allow me to enter but from the exterior I can see that ANU has been carrying out some improvement works on Shitygate. However there is one bit of bad news guys, no internet at shitygate. Like none whatsoever. Only option is to get a mobile broadband package from 3 or something. I'm planning to get the 7GB for 50$ a month. Also from what i've heard from snooping around ANU, we're not going to be moving into ANU any earlier than June/July. Even then it's most likely going to be UniLodge.

Hopefully I can find a sharehouse before then..can't afford UL..

gingerwitch28

HSC
I went by today but forgot to take my camera! They didn't allow me to enter but from the exterior I can see that ANU has been carrying out some improvement works on Shitygate. However there is one bit of bad news guys, no internet at shitygate. Like none whatsoever. Only option is to get a mobile broadband package from 3 or something. I'm planning to get the 7GB for 50$ a month. Also from what i've heard from snooping around ANU, we're not going to be moving into ANU any earlier than June/July. Even then it's most likely going to be UniLodge.

Hopefully I can find a sharehouse before then..can't afford UL..
Holy crap! $50 for a 7gb package?! At UG our connection is included in the $163, but data is like $1 per gb. That's AWFUL!

Shaybay92

HSC
I had to send my stuff down in a backload lol I have like 10 boxes :/

vikraman

HSC
Holy crap! $50 for a 7gb package?! At UG our connection is included in the $163, but data is like $1 per gb. That's AWFUL!
Yes! Not an option of choice but one of lack of choice. And it's slow as well. Wireless broadband is naturally slow..

stmorrison

HSC
The uni gardens pic doesn't look like it has much book space so I'm kind of worried at the huge amount of personal books plus textbooks and uni stuff that is going to have to fit into this tidgy shared space! Maybe roomie and I can go halfsies on a bookshelf...
I'm from Sydney, staying at UG, I moved down to canberra yesterday and had a look. The building is brand new, when i was there they had builders finishing the rooms off. The book space is very limited so i'd try to cut down as much as you can.

I also talked to a guy that was helping to run everything and he was talking about a dinner package that can be purchased each night. He didn't say that this was defiantly going to happen so don't hold me to this.

Look forward to meeting every one at UG!

gingerwitch28

HSC
Limited? Balls! Thanks for the info, though :) Hey, do you know if the TVs have DVD players attached? If not there's probably some old crappy one I can bring from home.

Edit: Just got a call from UAS, apparently the roomie they allotted me has decided to decline the offer and now they're going to give me someone else... I hope she likes chocolate, I bought some for us to share.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)