When is the best time to start Medentry? (1 Viewer)

kenhung123

HSC
What is the ideal time to go Medentry for those doing UMAT in 2010?

bradpitt

HSC
Wellhung any time you feel is right. The quicker is better.

LivAd

HSC
N/A
You can see a list of there workshop dates at UMAT Courses - UMAT Practice - UMAT Training
The 2010 packages began early August and you should enrol as soon as possible to get the most out of your package. I have already enrolled and chosen one of the January workshops.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
^she works for them imo. dont go too early and dont go too late. april/may is a good time. it gives u time to consolidate ur knowledge from the course so that you get an accurate indication of how good you are compared to other students in the mock exam. going too late means that you dont have time to find fix what you're not good at.

dolbinau

HSC
Unless you start MEDENTRY from year 4, there is no benefit and you will fail UMAT, unfortunately.

kenhung123

HSC
^she works for them imo. dont go too early and dont go too late. april/may is a good time. it gives u time to consolidate ur knowledge from the course so that you get an accurate indication of how good you are compared to other students in the mock exam. going too late means that you dont have time to find fix what you're not good at.
Do I have any need to do some practise test before the course in order to improve in a particular area or the course is part of the process of identifying my weakness and improving along the way?

glass

HSC
Hey does anyone want to the Medentry prep for 2010 and needs more people to get the group discount? Cos i want to do it and i need 2 more people or i can join in if someone else already has a group together.

I live in sydney by the way. And hoping to do one of the jan-feb courses... and probably the platinum package? ($495 with group discount).

Please PM me

Thanks

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Do I have any need to do some practise test before the course in order to improve in a particular area or the course is part of the process of identifying my weakness and improving along the way?
if you start the course in january/feb and go in april/may. you will have plenty of time to improve all areas. the course assumes that you dont know anything about the UMAT and starts off with the very basics. it wont just chuck you a practice exam and expect you to do it. there are heaps of notes and drills to read and do before you do any practice exams.

kenhung123

HSC
It should be easy to gather people on the forum. They probably expect almost everyone to go as a group.

kenhung123

HSC
if you start the course in january/feb and go in april/may. you will have plenty of time to improve all areas. the course assumes that you dont know anything about the UMAT and starts off with the very basics. it wont just chuck you a practice exam and expect you to do it. there are heaps of notes and drills to read and do before you do any practice exams.
I want to obtain the greatest benefit from the course. I am unsure whether it is better to start early and improve gradually while there is some spare time or should I start a bit closer to the actual UMAT examination so the information/aquired skills are fresh in mind. Normally in VCE subjects its always best to do it a little bit later. But I haven't done the UMAT so I can't draw any definate conclusions.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
the umat is not about cramming skills. u need to acquire skills and use them so they sink in. its not like maths/science where you need to memorise formulae. the umat is about using ur critical thinking skills,non-verbal reasoning and ability to understand emotions. you dont just read about these things do 1 or 2 practice papers and then know how to do it. so i think its probably better off to start early and acquire the skills and learn how to use them efficiently. cramming doesnt work for the umat.

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
can someone tell me what medentry is i feel left behind =[

hmm4991

HSC
can someone tell me what medentry is i feel left behind =[
Medentry is basically a UMAT prep course they give u practice questions and practice papers and advice on the whole getting into med process and all that jazz.

Soo if ur srs abt becoming a doctor my advice

section 1 and 3 - do a lot of puzzles, sudoku, brain teasers, mensa puzzles maths and science also helps here

section 2- read books, novels and stories watch movies, u cant do this in 6 months
If your asian or curry u'll naturally suck at this unless ur intunee with the western society

POINT IS : UMAT tests how ur brain has been programmed over years and years. 6 months of a prep course......well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)