• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

When is the eraliest to apply to Uni? (1 Viewer)

gavno

HSC
N/A
Hello!

I've finished VCE this year and decided to go and work full time. I clearly did not give it enough taught as now I have decided that it wasn't the right move for me and I want to pursue my future career through attending University. The problem is I don't even have an accont on VTAC or anything like that and I've already missed on entry this year (I think?). My question is: When is the earliest for me to apply to University? I would like to start ASAP. Can I do it at the end of semster? Better yet, is it possible to apply now still through some special scheme? Please help me!

Help will be much appreciated!!!!

loser101

HSC
for a feb/march start the only way is DIRECT thru the university.

the only way the will accept you is either

a) you have a really high UAI e.g 98+; and/or
b) they are real desperate and still have vacancies and you have a UAI close to or above the UAI cut-off

prob try the regional universities, as usually they have vacancies.

HSC
Best chance will be to apply for mid-year entry. Information on how to apply should be available once the Semester 1 entry process has been completed.

Better to check VTAC though, since I don't really know how the process works in Victoria.

Season

HSC
With UAC, they will still accept applications for late round up until 1st of Feb (with a large admin cost :p)... maybe VTAC has something similar?

Best bet is to call around VTAC, followed by the Universities you're interested in.

Your chances of getting into a popular coure are virtually non-existant though.

amythyst

HSC
i suggest u contact the uni's that u want to go to direct...some have direct applications (whether they go through UAC or not) and others will be able to let you know when mid year opens and then send u out information :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)