When is UNSW enrolment? (1 Viewer)

08er

HSC
We get our offers on the 22nd but when can we enrol? Do we have to go to uni to do this? What about the people waiting for second round offers?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
The way it goes is:
you get your offer (online), you follow the link to a UNSW website which confirms your acceptance of offer, then you start enrolling for courses in your degree.

(Edited for incorrect information)

Last edited:
HSC
Once you accept your offer you cannot expect another offer.
woah, wait, are you sure about that? You can't withdraw from an accepted main round offer for a later round offer at UNSW?

• If you receive an offer in one round and accept it, and then receive an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:
  • keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer or
  • withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
You can receive a late round offer even if you accept your first round offer. You just need to rearrange your UAC preferences to make sure the offer you are aiming for in the late round is your first preference.

08er

HSC
so it's all done online and you don't need to go to the uni to enrol?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Apologies, I just checked the source and confirmed that you can change your offer after accepting it. Thanks Kevin

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
so it's all done online and you don't need to go to the uni to enrol?
When I got my offer I followed the link they gave me, received my ID and unipass, sorted out HECS and admin stuff, then enrolled in my courses.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
When I got my offer I followed the link they gave me, received my ID and unipass, sorted out HECS and admin stuff, then enrolled in my courses.
In short, yes. The only thing you need to physically go to uni for is your ID card which can be done whenever.

It will be the same process each semester. It might sound like a lot at first, but you quickly learn your way around myunsw it it's not hard at all.

sunny

meh.
HSC
In short, yes. The only thing you need to physically go to uni for is your ID card which can be done whenever.*
* Preferably before O-week and week 1 when the lines quadruple in length.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
* Preferably before O-week and week 1 when the lines quadruple in length.
Even just waiting a few weeks into the session can work well, unless they need swipe access somewhere asap.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Even just waiting a few weeks into the session can work well, unless they need swipe access somewhere asap.
Yes you're right! Its an old habit to get cards before session started. In the 2005 and prior student cards the expiry date only had the month on it like 03/06, so we take that as the start of the month, which was usually by the end of week 1.

ichiraku

HSC
* 2009 Student Id cards are available from the 19th January. Student cards issued in 2009 will be valid for a period of 3 years.
If eligible the travel concession authority is required to be renewed annually
That's strange. I managed to get my new card last week, even though I wasn't really meant to. I just had some problems accessing Wallace Wurth with my 2008 card and they ended up issuing me with the 2009 one. Looks just the same as last year's card and yes all of them expire in 2012 now (not that I'll really need it until then).

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
No new design this year? That sucks... the gold is terrible...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Its no biggie I guess - they probably had all the cards ready, and just gave you a new one since you needed it anyway.

Card collection!!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Its no biggie I guess - they probably had all the cards ready, and just gave you a new one since you needed it anyway.

Card collection!!
Careful, ur student number is on the bottom of each of those cards ;)

I like the 06 one the best... I wish we could like choose our design lol. Actually I really liked my 07 one also...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)