• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

When is UNSW enrolment? (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Careful, ur student number is on the bottom of each of those cards ;)

I like the 06 one the best... I wish we could like choose our design lol.
haha yeh I realised and reupped it.

I like the 2003/04 (white) ones the best, not too fancy and nice background.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
very helpful thread. the uni also gives you the 09 concession card for public transport, yes?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
cards through the ages

I like the gold colour, but I'm not happy to hear that they expire in 2012. Mine hasn't even lasted one year. It wasn't broken, it was just scratched big time.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
very helpful thread. the uni also gives you the 09 concession card for public transport, yes?
The concession card is merely the CityRail logo printed your card as you can see in sunny's pic. You only get it printed on your card if your subject load is 0.75 FTE or higher (so basically 3+ subjects). If you get your card before you enroll as a full time student, you'll have to go back to FM Assist and they'll put a sticker on your card for you (unless they recently changed the system).

Which is why the 3 years before the card expires is interesting, I guess we'll just need to get a new concession sticker each year. Which is going to be hilarious when international students exploit it by buying stickers off people and those people just claiming they lost their card/sticker came off.

karoooh

HSC
Yaaay! Gold cards ftw. Mike, the 07 design was ug.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Why do you like the gold... it's so bland and scratches really easily.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
The concession card is merely the CityRail logo printed your card as you can see in sunny's pic. You only get it printed on your card if your subject load is 0.75 FTE or higher (so basically 3+ subjects). If you get your card before you enroll as a full time student, you'll have to go back to FM Assist and they'll put a sticker on your card for you (unless they recently changed the system).

Which is why the 3 years before the card expires is interesting, I guess we'll just need to get a new concession sticker each year. Which is going to be hilarious when international students exploit it by buying stickers off people and those people just claiming they lost their card/sticker came off.
ahh k. thanks. so if ive got the sticker on the uni card i dont need the 09 version of this as well:
http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/concessions/images/senior-secondary-student.jpg

sirfeathers

HSC
oh so you just enrol in the courses yourself? is there anywhere we can find a list of prerequisites etc for particular majors, to help us guide our choosing? also i know with some student programs eg. the Talented Students Program with the science faculty, that you can skip some first year courses and jump into second year courses - but there must still be some guidelines as to which you can choose...?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
oh so you just enrol in the courses yourself? is there anywhere we can find a list of prerequisites etc for particular majors, to help us guide our choosing? also i know with some student programs eg. the Talented Students Program with the science faculty, that you can skip some first year courses and jump into second year courses - but there must still be some guidelines as to which you can choose...?
UNSW online handbook

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
ahh k. thanks. so if ive got the sticker on the uni card i dont need the 09 version of this as well:
http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/concessions/images/senior-secondary-student.jpg
That's right, you only use your student card as your concession i.d, there is no separate card.

As tallkid said the handbook. As for what courses you can skip, I believe it works by negotiation with your faculty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)