When is your work due? (1 Viewer)

fright

HSC
N/A
Just curious when your major works are actually due? I'm not sure of mine but according to the sticky it says August 22nd. Doesn't this seem a bit early?

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
fright said:
Just curious when your major works are actually due? I'm not sure of mine but according to the sticky it says August 22nd. Doesn't this seem a bit early?
That's the Board set-date for handing in Engy Ext2 Major Works. It applies to everyone and won't be changed. Compared to the HSC exams it does seem early, but theres not much we can do about it.

16 days to go, wup wup.

fright

HSC
N/A
Ah okay thats fair enough. How are you guys handing yours up? Does your school print and bind them nicely for you?

Emph

HSC
My school wants ours in on Monday August 21st... even though the actual date isnt until the tuesday.... and no... they are not binding them for us "do it yourself!"

QAFluva

HSC
Monday (21st) for me. It is really crappy because my trials start on Monday, and my ext 1 is on the same day. So I have to finish my reflection statement and a majority of my MW becuase my teacher only told us 1st week back this term it was due on the given date (21st). As far as me and other student were told, it was due around september.

olegna

HSC
HAHAH! I'm on the 23rd! Nah nah nah-nah nah..

Doesn't necessarily mean I'm ready to hand it in yet though o_o

Emph

HSC
^ Are you sure? The board of studies due date for submission to schools is the 22nd.... I didn't think any were allowed after then because that is an unfair advantage of everyone else in the state.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

For the person who asked if this was a bit early: Mine was due right after the Trials in 04. About the same time as this.

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
Emph said:
^ Are you sure? The board of studies due date for submission to schools is the 22nd.... I didn't think any were allowed after then because that is an unfair advantage of everyone else in the state.
If you look at the 2006 Majorwork dates - http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/hsc_important_dates_06.pdf

It has the "completion date" as the 22nd, and the "hand in date" as the 23rd. So I think that means you're allowed to keep working on it up until midnight on the 22nd.

shimmy&shine

HSC
hehe, Major work completion time and dates always seem to say 'up to midnight ONLY'. but I highly doubt that everone is going to abide by that rule.

luckily for me though, I've finished early, however, if my ee2 teacher hands it back and goes 'it is crap' then I'm set for panic mode. But at the moment I'm calm. Well not really. Trials on monday!

Good luck everyone, please for your sake, do not leave it till the last minute (which is what i did for my PIP and almost died in the process!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)