When Should a Guy buy a Girl a present? (1 Viewer)

ninja_star

Little Miss Vixen
HSC
ok when do u think it is suitable for a guy to buy his girl a present?
shld it be a monthly thing as each month u are together??

ok birthdays i think YES.. 6 months YES.. a year.. HELL YES
valentines.. YES (flowers will do)
any other day.. not really necessary BUT if u just buy a chick a gift to show u like/luv/love her then that just gives u bonus points with her

what do u think?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
ninja_star said:

any other day.. not really necessary BUT if u just buy a chick a gift to show u like/luv/love her then that just gives u bonus points with her

what do u think?
Anytime, as long as it's unexpected.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Whenever you feel you should.

6 months... I dunno. Kinda nice, but kinda unnecessary... but it depends on how long you think your relationship will/should last (people seem to get a feel for whether a relationship is a 'temporary' or 'long-term' pretty early on)... I'd argue if you're going to be together for the rest of your life, every month is too often and too routine.

I think seeing them as 'presents' will make them seem very... forced. Presents don't need to be big; a little flower, or something that made you think of her, or something you made... whatever.

There's no rule of thumb, except, maybe "Don't think about it: Just do it when it feels right."

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
when she deserves to get one.

ninja_star

Little Miss Vixen
HSC
yeah true true.
i think a present shld be whenever or whenever...
but ihave a question.. wat kind of present is approriate for a guy.. that he wont hate?
a ps2 game? they always seem to love them.. i mean honestly wat do guys like to recieve and hate to receive? is it better when its a suprise..
my theory is a wen a girl receives a present from a guy.. wetha she dus or dusnt like it in the end she loves it because, its from her guy.
whereas.. i beleive if a guy receives a present from a girl thats seen say "cute" which in boy speak = gay! then they will pretend to like it.. .. i think?

eh wats the go with boys and presents? what is good and wat is it?
and wat present hav u given? or recieved?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
depends on what he likes.. get something he'll actually USE or ENJOY

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
Whenever you feel you should.

6 months... I dunno. Kinda nice, but kinda unnecessary... but it depends on how long you think your relationship will/should last (people seem to get a feel for whether a relationship is a 'temporary' or 'long-term' pretty early on)... I'd argue if you're going to be together for the rest of your life, every month is too often and too routine.

I think seeing them as 'presents' will make them seem very... forced. Presents don't need to be big; a little flower, or something that made you think of her, or something you made... whatever.

There's no rule of thumb, except, maybe "Don't think about it: Just do it when it feels right."
I agree:)....

Benji528

HSC
no

no, i dont think it really matters wat it is or if ill use it. if my gf took the time to go out and spend her own money on me, I'd be very grateful regardless of wat it was. and you dont have to spend heaps of money for a good present, cheap funny presents are heaps better than expensive ones

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Benji528 said:
I'd be very grateful regardless of wat it was. and you dont have to spend heaps of money for a good present, cheap funny presents are heaps better than expensive ones
Exactly, its the thought that counts.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i had an ex who gave me an exercise book, but she decorated the covers, it was scented as well. i thought that was really nice, i'd rather have gifts like that over the ones you just buy.

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
For my bf's bday, i found him a book he'd been looking for for ages and some other random novelty book. I made him a card that was relevant to what i knew about him. He loved both. Also, i mailed the card, coz i know I like getting stuff in the mail, so I figured he would too. Sometimes I just buy him random things that remind me of him. And i bring him food. Which he likes. We don't do monthly... We didn't do three or four months. Yet to see what happens at six months, but i don't really want to... At a year, yes. Definitely. And no, we haven't had a V-day yet.

al_87

HSC
i agree...when ever you feel like it. and if it is impromptu, then she'll like it even more!
and montly are a bad idea - im not saying you are but sometimes the girl can take that as 'i want a montly present too', you know what i mean? and guys are really hard to buy for!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
My boyfriend buys me dinner, footy tickets, movie tickets, flu medicine (on a side note, fuck you winter) and alot more. I should be the one buying him presents.

Shaynie69

HSC
ninja_star said:

what do u think?

every day!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, instead of "buying" presents, I get my girlfriend things she likes, ie sometimes I surprise her with some of her favourite fruit when I pick her up from work.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
guys like practical gifts which they can use. rarely do they want anything ornamental unless it's their favourite band/movie/sportperson etc.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Minai said:
Yeah, instead of "buying" presents, I get my girlfriend things she likes, ie sometimes I surprise her with some of her favourite fruit when I pick her up from work.
You're my favourite fruit, Minai, you wouldnt need to bring me anything if you picked me up.

transcendent said:
guys like practical gifts which they can use. rarely do they want anything ornamental unless it's their favourite band/movie/sportperson etc.
This girl back in school kept giving me thigns like leaves because it was supposed to be sentimental. It made me feel uncomfortable, because I had to wait until she wasn't looking to drop them or put them in the bin.

HSC
ninja_star said:
what do u think?
Whenever he bloody well feels like it.

I don't think it should be a monthly thing, which he has to remember and physically drag himself out to go buy something.

It's pretty natural for the guy to be a bit smitten the first few months and go buying presents galore, and then to settle down later and be happy just giving her a cookie or something.

It's all relative.

P.S. Flower suck.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
monthly presents - if you guys don't celebrate it, i dont see why you need to give eachother presents. hell, even if you DO "celebrate" every month, just seeing each other and having dinner is fine :p

random presents are always nice. they don't have to be extravagant or expensive, the little things that say "i'm thinking of you" count just as much, or even more - well, for me, anyway. i made part of my boyfriend's valentines' present, and once, i saw some roses and decided to surprise him with them. i love seeing people happy, even if it's embarrassingly so. :p

transcendent

HSC
N/A
surprise presents are the best cause they're unexpected and as Babu said, tells the other person that you've been thinking about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)