When should I do fins1613? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm a first year commerce student and was planning on doing a major in finance. This semester I haven't done fins1613 and was planning on doing it next sem. However, I've had mates tell me it isn't good to do it in semester 2 (forgot reasoning but something about scaling). So my question is if I do fins1613 in 2nd year, will this in anyway ruin my path towards my finance major?

Also what would be good 2nd sem subjects to do apart from the core subjects?

photastic

HSC
Firstly, people would say avoid FINS1613 in semester 2 due to the lecturer, seemingly harder assessments, better administration and easier time in semester 1 although it is still doable. Doing it in 2nd year will not ruin your finance major as long you complete all 8 finance courses within your degree so check the prerequisites and availability of the other finance courses. For a commerce student the popular combo for semester 2 is choosing the commerce electives such as macro 1, accounting 1b, marketing, etc where some choose to do fins1612 in semester 2 since 1612 does not differ that much between semesters. It depends on your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)