When the teachers submit marks/ranks to the BOS (1 Viewer)

helper

HSC
N/A
Can you explain what you mean. Submitted marks are rounded by the board, but I can't see how this can change the ranking from first to 3rd. First to equal first yes. Only a single mark is sent in, not all your assessments.

Mandy101

HSC
I'm not sure if I completely understand your question but... they submit the full rounded mark. So if you got 90.5, they'll round that to 91 as the submitted mark.

fakingtheday

HSC
Ok here's the scenario. Some friends and i worked our final assement marks to be:
Them 87 and me 86.5 at the conclusion of our final assessments. My question is do i get rounded up to equal first with them?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Most likely you will be, regardless you'll be able to check that at StudentsOnline soon.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
kami said:
Most likely you will be, regardless you'll be able to check that at StudentsOnline soon.
According to students online, we won't be seeing our ranks untill 11th of November. When I log in and press "Assesment" I get this-

"From 4:00 pm on Friday, 11th November 2005 until Tuesday, 31st January 2006, a list will be displayed below showing each HSC course for which you are entered, and your rank order in the final assessment marks submitted by your school for each course. If you feel that there is an error either in the rank order or in the list of courses, please contact your Principal IMMEDIATELY. "

However, I expect your school will let you know your overall ranks in the next week or so, if they haven't already.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
fakingtheday said:
Ok here's the scenario. Some friends and i worked our final assement marks to be:
Them 87 and me 86.5 at the conclusion of our final assessments. My question is do i get rounded up to equal first with them?
A similar thing, I'm afraid, might happen to me. Except I am the first place and the one below me is quite close. If we get ranked equal first, I'll probably complain because I think I'm atleast one mark ahead of the said person.

fakingtheday

HSC
Oh well i thought it was the other way around, because i got jipped in the last assessment task AFTER the trials. So they both ended up half a mark infront.

helper

HSC
N/A
If you are basing it on your own marks, then you need to check with the teachers:
1. Did they use raw marks or did they scale tasks to a common mean?
2. Did they change the mark total and add together or did they add and weight the marks without rounding?

The above will effect what they submit. What they submit is what the BOS will show, so ask your teacher for your submitted rank.

Mandy101

HSC
fakingtheday said:
You should, yes. Just ask your teachers?

Mandy101

HSC
Lmao.. well I asked one of mine today, and he said that the final cumulative assessment mark is rounded to the nearest whole number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)