When'z UR SDD trial exam, Are u Ready? (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Beaky
I reckon you cant cram software...

you have to work consistently... and work on algorithims all year..
Are you joking, I crammed for my half yearly and came second, crammed 4 hours b4 the exam for 2 hours and came out with 85%. Maybe ill need a bit more time for the trials, but not that much.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by enak
Are you joking, I crammed for my half yearly and came second, crammed 4 hours b4 the exam for 2 hours and came out with 85%. Maybe ill need a bit more time for the trials, but not that much.
mmm my point is... u prob listened in class... i mean u cant not listen then try and study for it... otherwise your a bit of a freak

-X-

HSC
N/A
Honestly, I find SDD the easiest subject. I have never, EVER studied for SDD (Other than memorise implementation methods) and i still come first. Same with IT. This gives me more time to study other subjects.

Kn1ght_M4r3

i don't think its a matter of cramming, just understanding what the hell is going on. Once u understand wat the book is on about put em into ur own terms so it is easier to remember then yah should be all g0odz.

but if u gonna do i n0w i suggest u get cracking lol unless ur exam is a while away.
and yeah sometimes its easier for some but harder for others, not everyone can grasp a new concept that easily, well some can then they forget it lol :p

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Beaky
mmm my point is... u prob listened in class... i mean u cant not listen then try and study for it... otherwise your a bit of a freak
Well actually our teacher is pretty stupid, so I tend not to listen in class, if I actually have trouble with anything, I consult my txt book, but other than that, cramming is fine.

Jinglebell

HSC
our teacher is ok, but i still have a hard time retaining info for SDD...not entirely sure why, i generally remember stupid, boring stuff, and that seems to be the bulk of our theory...although i'm now at a point wher i just can't be arsed any more, since i'm 99% sure software won't be counted for my UAI anyway.

i wish, we could get tested on coding, i can do that fine...it's just the annoying documentation i hate:)

Paully

ok had my test pretty hard still thinking 85% + though

one bloody question typical he doesnt talk about at all or mentions once
do any of u guys know wot recursion is off the top of your heads without looking at your books

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Isn't that like a repitition, but if so, it's usually called reiteration.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i think its a function that keeps calling itself, such as finding the factorial of a number.

yorkyorkxp

i have got a bloody trial exam timetable!
my SDD is going to follow my business studies!

i don't have enough time to study on it!

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ezzy85
i think its a function that keeps calling itself, such as finding the factorial of a number.
correct.

tt_j65

HSC
is it me or the CSSA 2001 trial SDD paper is SO BLODDY HARD :chainsaw:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
its so bloody hard (compared to independant)

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by ezzy85
its so bloody hard (compared to independant)
i think its because no one has made a SDD paper before hand so the ppls at CSSA decided that it will become a humanitrian subject and ask you gay "why i am so gay" questions :mad1:

*skipped*

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
they didnt decide that. its the same problem with the sciences, BOS have decided to make the subjects more descriptive and english based. theres hardly any maths in physics with this crappy new syllabus.

Kn1ght_M4r3

they didnt decide that. its the same problem with the sciences, BOS have decided to make the subjects more descriptive and english based. theres hardly any maths in physics with this crappy new syllabus.
ahah i agree, physicz is gay n0w all this stoopid theory i have to remember.:chainsaw: :chainsaw:
Man i dont think i have enough time to study physicz let alone sdd. only one day left till SDD. aRrgGhh

hey where can i get the CSSA paper for SDD? i've done the hsc ones n0t the catholic ones. did the 3unit catholic today and yeah it wasn't easy :chainsaw:

Paully

del or anyone can u explain recursion in greater detail still dont understand and that was a freaking 5% question aswell as having 6 algorithms

-X-

HSC
N/A
As someone stated, a recursion is simply a function that keeps calling it self.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)