Where can a BA Arts (Sociology) get me? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey guys!

I was wondering whether any of you guys can give me some advice.

I am interested in studying a BA Arts major in Sociology next year. I am just wondering what jobs you can get from it? Does anyone have an idea?

Also, is it possible to undertake one year of teaching after I am finished? I am interested in Primary school level.

P.S I want to study at University of Wollongong.

Might want to take Arts/Education then.

nope, only women you will find in Arts degrees are chubby feminazis... However, there were a few stand-outs that were very, very attractive... Law has better girls, however, most of them look burnt out... When they doll up, they can be very attractive...
u wot m8

FYI; UWS had better girls. There are some girls in unsw engineering that are finnneeeee but they do like environment or civil and have the "I want to save all the penguins motive" nevertheless still hot
/facepalms

Arts girls are over rated, Comm girls ;)
/facepalms

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
I don't think its hate but rather the uselessness of it
This. Arts degree by itself is useless tbh. There's no difference in whether you get one or not.

It's best you combine your arts degree with something like commerce, science, education, law etc. than to have a single arts degree by itself which pretty much takes you nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
y all dis hate on arts degrees
Because they do suck.
Was glad I dropped the arts degree and changed to commerce/ engineering. I'd rather go through the pain in doing all the hardcore maths and science than to study and do fluffy readings and bs-ing like essays which gets you nowhere.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
An arts degree can get you as far as a purchasing the wheels for a ferrari.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Because they do suck.
Was glad I dropped the arts degree and changed to commerce/ engineering. I'd rather go through the pain in doing all the hardcore maths and science than to study and do fluffy readings and bs-ing like essays which gets you nowhere.

ahahahaha

you think the maths in commerce and engineering is hardcore

funny joke.

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
ahahahaha

you think the maths in commerce and engineering is hardcore

funny joke.
Sorry, I mean the hardcore maths in engineering. Not commerce.
Maths in commerce is not hardcore lol

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
This. Arts degree by itself is useless tbh. There's no difference in whether you get one or not.

It's best you combine your arts degree with something like commerce, science, education, law etc. than to have a single arts degree by itself which pretty much takes you nowhere.

Yeah, just to elaborate further, it will take more of your time (whether that's wasted is for the person to decide, u personally think its a waster) and more money. But a general reason why some people study art is "for fun" or as in a interest I mean usyd has something called gender studies where do you think that will take you lol

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
PS no offense Shadowdude; I still think you're cool, your doing maths which makes you cool

honey23

HSC
N/A
Wow, there are lots of comments at the start of this thread judging some of the girls in some of the degrees...
I find it really rude and offensive, and I'm sure many other people do to!
Please stop.
I don't know why your standards are so high when you probably aren't all Calvin Klein models either.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, there are lots of comments at the start of this thread judging some of the girls in some of the degrees...
I find it really rude and offensive, and I'm sure many other people do to!
Please stop.
I don't know why your standards are so high when you probably aren't all Calvin Klein models either.
Why don't you judge us then? EVERYONE does it. Has one thought about the guys in engineering/business/law never crossed your mind?

honey23

HSC
N/A
I will not judge any of you, because I don't know any of you personally and therefore it is not fair for me to do so.
Just as most of you wouldn't know the "fat" chick in arts.
I accept that people will always judge others, it is a sad part of life, but sometimes these have to be kept to ones' self. The nature of some of the comments passed were a little offensive, that's all. I guess I'm sorry that I was offended by them.
I don't go to university yet, and I'm a rural student far from any major university, so I wouldn't know about the guys in "engineering/business/law".

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I will not judge any of you, because I don't know any of you personally and therefore it is not fair for me to do so.
Just as most of you wouldn't know the "fat" chick in arts.
I accept that people will always judge others, it is a sad part of life, but sometimes these have to be kept to ones' self. The nature of some of the comments passed were a little offensive, that's all. I guess I'm sorry that I was offended by them.
I don't go to university yet, and I'm a rural student far from any major university, so I wouldn't know about the guys in "engineering/business/law".
Its not really judging its more describing. I mean would you know who I am talking about if I said "that Asian guy at UNSW" lol.
Yes it is kind of sad that people judge each other based on physical characteristics but it is just in human nature. For example the PHYS lecture this morning a Aussie guy sat next to me and my immediate thought was "this bogan wanker better not come near me" bit when he sat next to me it was all cool (until like 10 of his lad friends showed up and started talking very loudly throughout the whole lecture)

Best of luck with your hsc :)

honey23

HSC
N/A
Thanks, Squar3root!
I totally understand that it is a part of human nature (sadly).
I guess some of the words used to "describe" the girls in their respective degrees are a little harsh (coming from a female's perspective). Body image is a touchy subject, for many of the girls I know at least, that's all.
Good luck with your uni degrees! I'm sure you will do well - what a combination! :)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Tbh I think Arts degrees are alright if you have a general interest in an area and you want to just learn more about it because there's really nothing wrong with going to uni for education. But if you're going to want a job out of university, the fact of the matter is that your Arts degree knowledge, while it may be interesting and useful in its own way, is unfortunately generally irrelevant and has incredibly limited pragmatic use, making your employable skills equally limited (hence all the crap Arts students cop); a reality you will have to accept whether you like it or not.

Your best bet is to combine it with something like commerce or law which will give you the extra benefit of practicality as a graduate, or to start from a very early stage in your degree worming your way into some Government position.

This link might be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)