Where can I do a double degree of Actuarial Studies and Music? (1 Viewer)

inida_c

HSC
Hi!

I'm in Year 12 this year and starting to consider uni courses.
I'm interested in doing a double degree combining Actuarial Studies and Music.
I noticed I can do this at ANU, but at MQ I can't combine Actuarial Studies with Music, and at UNSW I can only combine Music with Science, Advanced Science and Commerce.

Is there anywhere other than ANU I can combine them?

By the way, if I can't, I am definitely going to do Music so I'll probably just combine it with something else.

Thanks!

quickoats

HSC
Actuarial doesn't have many combined degree options (at least at MQ and UNSW) since it requires a lot of subjects for external accreditation. This is why you can only really combine it with 'similar' disciplines since there's some overlap that'll give you extra space for such subjects. Not 100% sure how the double works at ANU but it is possible that if you want to get all you exemptions, you will have to complete some extra units.

If you don't really want to be a fully qualified actuary, there's no real reason to do a Bachelor of Actl Studies. If you're interested in the finance or maths side, you can do those in a Commerce or Science degree, which should have some combos with a music degree.

At the Con, you can add "Advanced Studies" onto your degree and do an extra major from pretty much any faculty at USyd (they do not have actuarial studies but have an assortment of other options like data science or financial maths and statistics)

inida_c

HSC
Thank you for the reply!
If you don't really want to be a fully qualified actuary, there's no real reason to do a Bachelor of Actl Studies. If you're interested in the finance or maths side, you can do those in a Commerce or Science degree, which should have some combos with a music degree.
Yeah this sounds like me as I'm more interested in a career in music and I'm just interested in challenging myself with the maths. So yeah this sounds good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)