Where can I find a good English tutor? (1 Viewer)

cam.t

HSC
where do we found a good tutor? i am looking one for english. please help!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: Do you have a tutor?

cam.t said:
Well, subjectivity really comes in when it comes to judging whether a particular tutor is "good" or "bad".

But one way to see whether he/she is a good tutor is his/her HSC result. People will argue that tutor shouldn't necessarily be good at the subject, rather they should be good at teaching, communicating, helping its student. But in my opinion, if you don't know anything about that person, marks suggest how good they are to minor extent.

Another way to see whether he/she is a good tutor is his/her students' results and the improvements they have undergone since they met that particular tutor. If you go to tutoring section of this website, you will come across few ads that adress those indicationgs above and hopefully you can find some good threads. And also, pay attention to what people say on the threads about that paricular tutor. They tend to suggest how good/bad he/she is.

In my opinion, yumisama (username) seems to be a really good maths tutor (I don't have tutor but based on her results and students) and I would probably recommend bobness for English seein his awesome results and the great improvements that his students went through since the start of the tutoring.

Hope that helped.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Do you have a tutor?

cam.t said:
And I generally believe that tutoring for English, unless it's one on one, or unless you're in a group of a max of 5 from people from your same class at school, is useless.

Crates

Banned
HSC
AHAHAHAHA, yep, by the way you worded your question, you need a tutor. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)