• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Where do u get the SAM data? (1 Viewer)

mojako

HSC
In reply to Lazarus:
I hate research, especially on things I don't really need and this is one of them ^^

To find what aggregate you get you need to know how the subjects scale... and if it's a graph of UAI vs aggregate then how does it help you guys to predict UAI from marks of individual subjects? [you need the UAI vs aggregate graph but before that you need other graphs on the scaling]

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
mojako said:
In reply to Lazarus:
I hate research, especially on things I don't really need and this is one of them ^^

To find what aggregate you get you need to know how the subjects scale... and if it's a graph of UAI vs aggregate then how does it help you guys to predict UAI from marks of individual subjects? [you need the UAI vs aggregate graph but before that you need other graphs on the scaling]
table 3a gives the scaling

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Laz seems to be slightly secretive about his methods.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Either he is being protective (and rightly so :p ) or he did something illegal :p hahaha jks

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I have no qualms with people who simply want to understand the arcane procedures behind the UAI, and hence I am always happy to explain the actual methods used by the Technical Committee on Scaling and the UAC. However, I am more reluctant to provide detailed explanations regarding the technical workings of SAM and its algorithms - they form an integral component of our website. Everyone is free to write their own program (as jm123 has done), but there is no benefit to the public when it simply reproduces our service.

mojako

HSC
I'm not trying to make my ow program :p
no time...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Lazarus said:
I have no qualms with people who simply want to understand the arcane procedures behind the UAI, and hence I am always happy to explain the actual methods used by the Technical Committee on Scaling and the UAC. However, I am more reluctant to provide detailed explanations regarding the technical workings of SAM and its algorithms - they form an integral component of our website. Everyone is free to write their own program (as jm123 has done), but there is no benefit to the public when it simply reproduces our service.
And it is much more fun if you work out original methods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)