Where do we go to get some support??? (1 Viewer)

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Remember that the ATAR is only one pathway into tertiary study. Further studies at other institutions also have a big hand at allowing entry for certain courses. I will never truly understand what you are going through but I can only empathise.

You may not go to university straight away but the experiences you gain along the way will put you in good stead in the long term.

Jesscaah

HSC
I am not going to get into ANY university like I had planned. My best bet it TAFE. I hate my life.

sitisapura

HSC
N/A
What kind of course/uni are you trying to get in? There are other routes - may not be as straightforward as direct entry. Email me to chat if you want - sitisapura@yahoo.com

r1ckyla

HSC
If you tried your best, that's all anyone can ask for. These results do not necessarily define your future. Dont be discouraged and like ^ said, talk to your friends and family and work out other pathways to what you want to do. Everyone is capable of doing great things but it'll be perseverance that'll get you there. Good Luck!

loaves

HSC
Honestly, I don't know anyone who has missed out on their uni course and is still upset about it 1 or 2 years later. Whether it's travelling, working, studying something completely different - you will find something you love and enjoy. Sounds lame, but "when one door closes, another opens." And if you still want to do the same course in a few years - it'll still be there! I know people who are just starting law and commerce degrees, both are almost 30.

AlbertF

HSC
If it makes you feel any better I can empathise with you. Studied my arse off in the last 6 weeks, tried a bit during the year. All for nothing now. Oh well, there are so many gateways, just might take a little 6 months of your life, no biggie. Look up Macq uni alternative pathways just for an idea :)

Jesscaah

HSC
Well, I want to do Nursing. However, I was greatly disadvantaged and had to get an illness misadventure form for my Bio Exam, and ended up crying in my PDHPE one. SO those two subjects is what let me down.
I am going to tell you guys my ATAR: it was 41.55. I wanted to kill myself when I got it.
I am applying for college, every scheme and program that is available to help disadvantaged students get into Uni. I just hope I can get lucky. I am also going to write a letter to the faculty and tell them of my situation, and that Nurses are always needed, that I did work experience at a hospital etc etc. I hope there is still a chance for me considering the circumstances!!!!

zhiying

HSC
When you say greatly disadvantaged did you mean the illness? If so shouldn't your application be accepted and you get your internal as external? (dunno how illness and misadventure works)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I want to do Nursing. However, I was greatly disadvantaged and had to get an illness misadventure form for my Bio Exam, and ended up crying in my PDHPE one. SO those two subjects is what let me down.
I am going to tell you guys my ATAR: it was 41.55. I wanted to kill myself when I got it.
I am applying for college, every scheme and program that is available to help disadvantaged students get into Uni. I just hope I can get lucky. I am also going to write a letter to the faculty and tell them of my situation, and that Nurses are always needed, that I did work experience at a hospital etc etc. I hope there is still a chance for me considering the circumstances!!!!
The dangers of ten units.

I heard of someone from my own school who was riding high but he crashed out somehow in his HSC and got only 60-something.

But don't worry about it, there are other pathways to get what you want. For the guy from my own school? He went to Bible college or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)