Where do you find your music? (1 Viewer)

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
friends...
friends of friends...
myspace...
itunes...

:) love music

Pilgrim

HSC
you gotta have the best hook ups in this industry. you gotta find em yourself and then you earn the right to listen to that music

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
Pilgrim said:
you gotta have the best hook ups in this industry. you gotta find em yourself and then you earn the right to listen to that music
So I should head down to a local gay pride meeting and bill gates and jay-z will be there handing free cds. How did you find that hook up? street corner?

Pilgrim

HSC
Oddy Nocki said:
So I should head down to a local gay pride meeting and bill gates and jay-z will be there handing free cds. How did you find that hook up? street corner?
*Rolls Eyes* You know, they say people who use gay insults usually have homosexual tendencies. Plus the fact that it is actually a Microsoft banner, or was that part of your lame joke?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
whatever he had a point
you were talking like a self important dork

Legham

HSC
I use Last.fm.. They seem to be pretty darn accurate with their recommendations..
Also, if some of my metalhead friends tell me about a good band i'll have a listen and see if i dig 'em.

arrested development
HSC
Legham said:
I use Last.fm.. They seem to be pretty darn accurate with their recommendations..
Oh yeah, I use last.fm too. It's good... in a way it's like Wikipedia but for music, because you can just keep following links and finding more bands and artists. Plus, you can always just see what your neighbours listen to and get an idea of what other things you might like. I loffs it. <3

arrested development
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Rage. The good Rage, not the countdown.
But we're so behind here in Australia. Rage isn't very good for discovering new music, I don't think. :s

Edit: and I'm assuming you mean Friday night Rage, not Saturday night.

arrested development
HSC
0Jade0 said:
(And that's another way, if I find that one band I like, likes another I will go and listen to some of their stuff) e.g Oasis= Artic Monkeys
Haha! Noel and Liam HATE the Arctics.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Rage countdown or my little sister. I don't listen to new music these days. Too much effort to wait up early on a weekend to scope out the new top hits. Radio is good but usually I only hear the catchy tune and don't know the name of the song.

jameso7

HSC
mtv/channel v or itunes usually. sometimes cd stores but not often.

arrested development
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Actually they don't. I've heard interviews with them say that they like them and also Noel talking about a drinking session with them that he got smashed because he is getting too old.
Noel: "Theyre an amazing band and theyre northerners, like us."
and
http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/22555
Well I remember the first thing they said about the Arctics was something along the lines of "Arctic Monkeys? What a fookin' shitty name. They'll never get anywhere with a name like that".

I'm sure they're just covering their tracks now. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)