• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Where do you keep your plates? (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
well? at the front, my dad made holes in my L's and wired it in the front grille and ssecured it on the number plate while in the back we stick it in the rear window but becasue of the tint, i reckon its not as obvious to other driverse as its meant to.
where do you put yours so maybe i can copy. coz my dad uses the car i cant stick the plates on, i need to be able to take them off.
ive seen some magnetic ones, does anyone know where to buy them? all ive seen are those ones that stick to the screen which i dont want.

thanks

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
we have magnetic ones, i think dad bought them from a servo.

speed2

HSC
i dont wanna use magnetic 1s cause cheap asses will probably steal em. so i stick them to the front and rear windscreen

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i dont use magnetic ones because sometimes they dont hold very well. wiht my plates i put one behind the rear number plate and i got one of those plate holder things next to the number plate at the front.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ive got just normal brackets attatched to the front and rear number plates. everytime i get pulled over for RBT, the cops always say i have excellent p display. :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
On the front my P is held under my number plate with those tie things that you put through the hole and then pull tight and can't pull the other way
The one on the back is just shoved under the numberplate.

Ahh, only a few more weeks to go and I'll be off them for good!

SlipStream

HSC
Rear ones are tucked behind the numberplate - not held in place just tucked.

Front one, I trimmed down with scissors and tucked in the lower passenger-side corner (one of the window see-through ones).

HSC
SlipStream said:
Rear ones are tucked behind the numberplate - not held in place just tucked.

Front one, I trimmed down with scissors and tucked in the lower passenger-side corner (one of the window see-through ones).
same...except without the trimming. i just jam it down behind the dashboard area.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
shortygb said:
i dont use magnetic ones because sometimes they dont hold very well.
Yeah and they may stick to the car permanently...that happened with me, I put a magnetic one on the bonnet and left it there for ages, when I went to peel it off half of it ripped off and the other half was like melted onto the bonnet...must've melted in the sun or something. I had to get it off when the car got detailed. So yeah magnetic ones are evil.

My front plate is on the number plate in between the plastic frame that goes around the edge and the number plate itself. On the back it's wedged under the number plate

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
on my number plates, like behind them, it fullon gets stuck there
otherwise i usually forget to drive with plates

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Same thing happenned to me, Yenta, but it was on the back...it had only been on for a couple of months, too...the parentals and I spent about 6 hours getting it off.

tomekz

HSC
Front passenger side window and rear window..... as long as its visible and in the right spot u shouldnt get fined..... If i dont have any plates on me i just drive without them on..... actual ur an L plater... hrmmm... makes it even easier for you to stuff it in between the windows coz they are cardboard.... wouldnt recomend static plates they stick probably first and second time and then not at all.... magnetic plates get stolen alot!

7th Sign

HSC
man i can not put my plates in my back window as the tint is way to heavy which is not great, I usually put the other plates inside the front window. Any ways i am pretty sure you can not get fined first time if you plates are not visible, isnt it a warning? then a fine?

funniboi

HSC
i thikn its illegal to 'trim' ur P-plates... as so i was told.

and it depends on the copper that pulls you over.

if he's nice he wont fine you and let you off.

but if he's not, you'll cop a fine no matter if you've had a warning or not before.

7th Sign

HSC
funniboi said:
i thikn its illegal to 'trim' ur P-plates... as so i was told.

and it depends on the copper that pulls you over.

if he's nice he wont fine you and let you off.

but if he's not, you'll cop a fine no matter if you've had a warning or not before.
yeah also your attitude matters, i have learnt in the past not to be asmart ass or your fine will go up very fast :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)