• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Where do you stand?

• Total voters

ay0_x

HSC
Re: BOS political compass scatterplot

Economic Left/Right: 3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87

redmayne

HSC

how is that any different from them having a normal rifle or a knife or a car
If you can't see the difference, you're a lost cause.

Apart from the normal rifle, they shouldn't have that either.

ay0_x

HSC

k we'll all just kill each other with flamethrowers and BB guns and baseball bats instead.

piew piew piew.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A

Why shouldnt they? In my house there are 2 rimfires, 4 centrefires and 2 shotguns. I have a legitimate reason for each of them. I have satisfied the firearms regsitry, so why shouldnt i have them?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC

yeah but i guess if everyone bought a rifle, when a war broke out, we would have a decent militia, assuming that automatics were legalised and most people undertook some sort of training
I think that the theory of the firm applies in this instance. Certainly an armed citizenary could act as a militia however organisations benefit from massive efficiencies and competitive advantages as compared to individuals. Companies exist because they can do things more efficiently than people and armies exist because they can wage war more efficiently than militias.

A militia of the kind you imagine will only ever have the capability to engage in localised, small-arms and irregular conflict. They can not engage in conflict over long distances because they don't have the logistics, they can't engage in major conflict because they don't have the capital/equipment (tanks, ships, missiles, planes, etc), they can't meaningfully oppose an army because armies have the above logistics, capital and equipment.

At best a militia can engage in guerrilla/insurgency warfare which may harass an occupier however has never to my knowledge repulsed an invasion and has had only limited success in ejecting an occupier.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A

I think that the theory of the firm applies in this instance. Certainly an armed citizenary could act as a militia however organisations benefit from massive efficiencies and competitive advantages as compared to individuals. Companies exist because they can do things more efficiently than people and armies exist because they can wage war more efficiently than militias.

A militia of the kind you imagine will only ever have the capability to engage in localised, small-arms and irregular conflict. They can not engage in conflict over long distances because they don't have the logistics, they can't engage in major conflict because they don't have the capital/equipment (tanks, ships, missiles, planes, etc), they can't meaningfully oppose an army because armies have the above logistics, capital and equipment.

At best a militia can engage in guerrilla/insurgency warfare which may harass an occupier however has never to my knowledge repulsed an invasion and has had only limited success in ejecting an occupier.
Yeah i know. A decent militia is still basically worthless against an organised army.

@ william I have one and my mate has one that we were given for making a dog crate lol

redmayne

HSC

Why shouldnt they? In my house there are 2 rimfires, 4 centrefires and 2 shotguns. I have a legitimate reason for each of them. I have satisfied the firearms regsitry, so why shouldnt i have them?
Why should you have them?

Please, gimme your definition of legitimate. You don't need all those guns, they are in no way necessary for your wellbeing.

Militias...this isn't the American War of Independence people.

williamc

HSC

To eradicate pests

Certain calibre's make it more humane to kill certain animals, and smaller, more popular calibre's are cheaper to operate.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A

Why should you have them?

Please, gimme your definition of legitimate. You don't need all those guns, they are in no way necessary for your wellbeing.

Militias...this isn't the American War of Independence people.
For feral pest eradication and sport and recreation. Perfectly legal reasons. And yes i do need all those guns, each has its own purpose. It would be irresponsible and naive to think one gun can be used for all purposes lol people have been after one of these for centuries.

.22 for rabbits, birds, target practise etc.
.223 for foxes, hares, rabbits, goats etc
.30-30 for goats, pigs, deer etc
12g for everthing provided it is close enough.

the po po said they are good enough reasons so why dont you mr fascist pig tryna tell me what i can and cant do. I fail to see how any of those are remotely dangerous provided i use them for my legal intended reasons.

Edit: you dont need lots of things that you have, no one is telling you that you cant have them because that would be FASCISM ok hitler

Edit: what william said. it would be inhumane to try to kill a pig with a .22. and it would be inhumane and a waste to try to kill a rabbit with a .30-30. also maybe i hunt animals for food (perfectly legal). that would be benefiting me greatly.

Last edited:

ay0_x

HSC

can u guyz plz take ur gunfight 2 tha appropri8 thred

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A

most popular gun in the US for it

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A

might be now but .30-30 is the old standard

redmayne

HSC

For feral pest eradication and sport and recreation. Perfectly legal reasons. And yes i do need all those guns, each has its own purpose. It would be irresponsible and naive to think one gun can be used for all purposes lol people have been after one of these for centuries.

.22 for rabbits, birds, target practise etc.
.223 for foxes, hares, rabbits, goats etc
.30-30 for goats, pigs, deer etc
12g for everthing provided it is close enough.

the po po said they are good enough reasons so why dont you mr fascist pig tryna tell me what i can and cant do. I fail to see how any of those are remotely dangerous provided i use them for my legal intended reasons.

Edit: you dont need lots of things that you have, no one is telling you that you cant have them because that would be FASCISM ok hitler

Edit: what william said. it would be inhumane to try to kill a pig with a .22. and it would be inhumane and a waste to try to kill a rabbit with a .30-30. also maybe i hunt animals for food (perfectly legal). that would be benefiting me greatly.
Haha okay dude, you're right. Guns aren't dangerous, they're perfectly safe.

*fascist scurries back into fascist hole*

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A

finally
where he belongs

williamc

HSC

Haha okay dude, you're right. Guns aren't dangerous, they're perfectly safe.

*fascist scurries back into fascist hole*

lol city slicker. IVE ONLY EVER SEEN GUNS IN HOLLYWOOD MOVIES N LYKE ALL DEY R USED FOR IS TO KILL PPL

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A

Then why don't we just have all goods allocated by the state. I'm using an expensive bourgeoise computer to answer this thread when the bare minimum I would need would be a netbook.

Your line of reasoning is fairly specious.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A

then why don't we just have all goods allocated by the state. I'm using an expensive bourgeoise computer to answer this thread when the bare minimum i would need would be a netbook.

Your line of reasoning is fairly specious.
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)