Where do you want your degree to take you? (1 Viewer)

Juliet

HSC
White Rabbit said:
If you want to work in Child Protection, don't go to DoCS - they are useless fucks. If you want to work in Child Protection as a social worker, work in Community Health or, if you want Just Child Protection, go for the Child Protection Unit at the Kids Hospital.
Fair enough. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. :)

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
you mean i can't stay a uni student forever???
hmm well in that case i guess i might end up working for the government, prolly in canberra, then do a stint os.. england/belgium/france/another eu country.. who knows what? i'm doing my course coz i am (mainly) interested in it.
i am definitely against teaching (both my parents are, too much stress), so that leaves the govt i guess...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Focus is on teaching in Japan for at least 5-10 years, then re-assessing after that

HSC
marchetta said:
I'm doing linguistics, so i might become an esl teacher, teaching foreign students english. Or i might continue to do a few extra years for my study and become a speech pathologist. I'm not quite sure yet.
i'm going to major in linguistics & french next year, i think (hope) i will love it and turn it into some sort of useful career like a language/esl teacher or uni lecturer...

katrea

HSC
Be a Sports Journalist overseas! Whoo! Seriously, it's one of my dream jobs and if I got a chance to do it with poor pay, I'd be there in a flash.

xx__savannah

HSC
katrea said:
Be a Sports Journalist overseas! Whoo! Seriously, it's one of my dream jobs and if I got a chance to do it with poor pay, I'd be there in a flash.

Pretty much the same as me, actually. As long as I'm at a racecourse I'll be happy, hopefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)