Where do you Work? (Employment Advice Line) (1 Viewer)

chousta

HSC
Re: Employment Advice Line

hi,

im looking for work put my resume in everywhere but ppl rnt hiring.

anyone know any places within the eastern suburbs prefer near randwick that need ppl.

please pm me!!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

is there a way to report/do something about dodgy employers without actually suing them? i don't have the time or resources to do that. (i got hired as a christmas casual by cotton on and they never gave me any shifts...i rang their 'confidential team member hotline' and gave them a piece of my mind about it but since none of my other methods of contacting them have drawn a response i'm not holding my breath).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

update on the above. i finally got a call back from them in which i was told that they "tried" to contact me on my mobile fourteen times. I am calling bullshit on this. I have only got ONE missed call listed on my mobile from a number I don't recognise. no number on the missed call list has called 14 times. there are 30 calls from an 'unknown' number, but hey, i can't call back if it's unknown. the lady i spoke to said i didn't have a voicemail or a messagebank. this is also bullshit, i've had a voicemail set up since day one of owning this phone. am i being lied to? what is going on

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
is there a way to report/do something about dodgy employers without actually suing them? i don't have the time or resources to do that. (i got hired as a christmas casual by cotton on and they never gave me any shifts...i rang their 'confidential team member hotline' and gave them a piece of my mind about it but since none of my other methods of contacting them have drawn a response i'm not holding my breath).
Cotton on is sh*t, two of my friends went at Christmas casuals, one of them only got the one shift 3hr after gowing through the whole interview process. The other gave up on them because they kept contacting her the day before a shift and yeh she was pissed at the short notices.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

yeah they're utterly crap. i've decided they definitely lied about calling me, too. I thought up every reason I could about why a call would not have gotten through, but no matter what, my voicemail should have picked up, even if the phone was off/out of range. or the telstra lady would tell them the phone was unavailable or whatever. so them telling me "it just rang out every time" is bullshit.

so if anyone else is thinking of working for these twats, don't waste your time.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
update on the above. i finally got a call back from them in which i was told that they "tried" to contact me on my mobile fourteen times. I am calling bullshit on this. I have only got ONE missed call listed on my mobile from a number I don't recognise. no number on the missed call list has called 14 times. there are 30 calls from an 'unknown' number, but hey, i can't call back if it's unknown. the lady i spoke to said i didn't have a voicemail or a messagebank. this is also bullshit, i've had a voicemail set up since day one of owning this phone. am i being lied to? what is going on
no employer would call '14' times, usually they'll ring once (wait for the 5th beep) then hang up and move on, that what i know when it comes to recruitment

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

yeah that's what i thought. they can't have been that desperate for my services to call so many times

i think they may have been a bit affronted by the message i left on their hotline. i didn't exactly mince words about it. i don't think employers appreciate being told to 'get your act together and grow up'...but it's the truth.

twats.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yeah that's what i thought. they can't have been that desperate for my services to call so many times

i think they may have been a bit affronted by the message i left on their hotline. i didn't exactly mince words about it. i don't think employers appreciate being told to 'get your act together and grow up'...but it's the truth.

twats.
yeeaahh...they're just ol' bloody twats imo.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

twats.
There crap at paying staff aswell, my friends been waiting for her latest payslip and it's been 3 weeks already and she's called up and everything.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad

strathfield car radios
strathfield group limited (head office)
jaycar electronics (head office)
powerhouse international
dominoes

lovenotwar

HSC

Wooz said:
Cotton on is sh*t, two of my friends went at Christmas casuals, one of them only got the one shift 3hr after gowing through the whole interview process. The other gave up on them because they kept contacting her the day before a shift and yeh she was pissed at the short notices.
yeah i worked as a christmas casual at cotton on body.
i got heaps of shifts but only because the manager liked me, the rest of the casuals seemed to get nothing..
but i agree its pretty shitty. our manager quit and there was a total lack of organisation.

Wooz said:
There crap at paying staff aswell, my friends been waiting for her latest payslip and it's been 3 weeks already and she's called up and everything.
yep. they stuffed up my pay 3 times and i never got the money.. which would hve been $100 all together

Last edited:

elienaim

HSC
Part Time Job Help

Hey guys, I've been looking for a part time job for a while now, and have so far had no luck. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any websites where part time vacancies are posted, or even some companies that have vacancies at the moment?

Any help is appreciated

elienaim

HSC
Re: Part Time Job Help

I checked woolies, and there isn't anything in even close to my area.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

elienaim said:
I checked woolies, and there isn't anything in even close to my area.
Where are you? I used to have that problem with bigger companies like woolies etc because nothing was ever posted in my district.

But having said that try all the major companies, e.g. big supermarkets, variety retailers like Big W, major clothing outlets, food places - not just your typical maccas but any other chains as well, cinemas, etc etc basically if it's in a typical westfields chances are you can apply for a job there.

Also look at smaller local places e.g. cafes and suchlike as well although bear in mind a lot of these are just run by the family that owns the shop so you might have better luck with a bigger place.

Another thing you could do if you're struggling is to make a list of every company/workplace you can possibly think of, do not worry if it sounds like a company you could work at or not, just list as many as you can (group them by category if it helps e.g. retail, finance, hospitality, sales, government/public service, health, sport and rec, etc etc). Then go through the list and look up each place to see what they've got in terms of job vacancies. It sounds like a lotta work but you could open your eyes to a lot of opportunities you might not have thought about.

And yeah failing that, employment agencies.

Try jobsearch.gov.au, a site called hippo jobs, um there's a lot just google "part time jobs" and a billion will appear.

elienaim

HSC

Currently I'm in the Prestons, and I've been looking into woolies, coles, etc. with nothing.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Yeah woolies and coles doesn't get you that far unless you're living where most of the vacancies are...and even when you do apply they can take a million years to get back to you, so I wouldn't hold my breath. If you're quick you might be able to grab a christmas casual job somewhere, but you'd need to apply like, today, most places have more or less wrapped up their summer hiring.

If you can't find anything now just hang in there and apply next year after the christmas rush, that may be partly why you're having trouble because some places do like to over-recruit this time of year (I had this experience at cotton on, it's not fun)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

elienaim said:
Currently I'm in the Prestons, and I've been looking into woolies, coles, etc. with nothing.
With Woolies (from my experience) it's really just a case of getting lucky with what's online [e.g. I got my job as they'd recently sacked a bunch of people from deli, desperately needed new staff and so I got called the morning after I lodged my application and asked to come to a group interview that same day, had my one on one interview the day after and was called that afternoon and offered the job]. Keep checking the website every few days (if not every day) and you might be lucky enough to find a vacancy, but yeah as Doris said most Christmas Casual positions will have gone already.

nbalakers

HSC
N/A

any1 know accounting firms which has work experience for year 10/11 students?

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC

I have put in 20+ resumes/applications and have not receieved one callback/interview yet. I do have an itnerview (first) at a fruit shop tomorrow though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)