Where Does Plagiarism Start, and Inspiration End? (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
I've found an essay with mostly perfect summative quotes for a text. Is it okay if 80% of my essay's quotes where aligned with this essay? Or is that just plagiarism?

tito981

HSC
If it's just the quotes that are the same It is fine, because in a HSC cohort there is bound to be some students who have all the same quotes for 1 text. It is only when the analysis is word for word for 80%+ in which its a real possibility of plagiarism (although I know students have word for word copied and didnt get caught).

uniqueusername1

HSC
I've found an essay with mostly perfect summative quotes for a text. Is it okay if 80% of my essay's quotes where aligned with this essay? Or is that just plagiarism?
If your quotes are the same that means your ideas/themes explored are the same/similar. Not a risk I would personally take as over 600 kids get caught for plagiarism.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
What happens if students memorise an essay on here for HSC

uniqueusername1

HSC
Same I stole the quotes from one of the exemplars and used it in trials and did decent, never got alarm bells.
lol. To be safe I would just replace them with similar quotes which convey the same themes/ideas. But you can keep it if you want.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I don't think it would be necessarily plagiarizing if you use the same quotes but if you did the same analysis then it would become a bit obvious.

uniqueusername1

HSC
I don't think it would be necessarily plagiarizing if you use the same quotes but if you did the same analysis then it would become a bit obvious.
lol our teacher gave many 0s in trials because kids had 2 or more of the same quote in each para. This is because their analysis becomes similar as the ideas/themes explored is similar.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Yes the HSC marker may not get all the same students who did this. But is it really worth the risk?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)