Where is Atrium, Building 10, Broadway Campus ??? (1 Viewer)

andiman

atrium of building 10

The Atrium of Building 10 is the main Foyer-ish area of Building 10. Its what you walk into from either of the two main entrances. You know you're in the Atrium if you look up 6 stories to see a glass panelled roof, and theres periodic bridges crossing it in the upper stories.

Building 10 is on 235 Jones St. Looking at the Tower from Broadway, its down Jones St which is the next street to the left of the Tower.

You'll see a big fat UTS vertically on the front of the building. you can't miss it.

Have fun!

andiman

building is good, but..

its good except for:
the static electricity
the dodgy aircon (too cold/hot in labs)
charlie.it (can we please have a new one?)

but yay, they've finally ripped out the solaris labs and will replace them with redhat p4's runnign vmware so ppl can still use windows for office/.NET and other MS based programming environments stuffola.

and they increased wireless coverage too (at least i think so cos its faster (802.11g) and i'm getting stronger signals from more places around the place atm.

IronMike

HSC
N/A
hey if u have a laptop, those centrino ones..can u actually access the net wirelessly within the premises of the IT bulding?

andiman

wifi access in building 10

wireless in building 10 is IEEE 802.11b (thats airport for mac users) and 802.11g(airport extreme for mac users) compatible.

.b gives you 11mbps max. throughput whereas .g gives you max of 54mbps.

just remember that .b has a better range that .g

IronMike

HSC
N/A
can u only access it with an mac laptops?
and is it unlimited download???
11mbps...wow...that is heaps...
so practically ANYONE with centrino can access the net in bulding 10?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yes you can access with macs. you need to get it setup by the appropriate staff to gain access.

IronMike

HSC
N/A
wow..+.+..
if u buy a mac laptop from that computer shop in building 10, can u get mass discount?

andiman

mac laptops

centrino is only .b (11mbps) you can get some PC laptops with integrated wireless that are .g compatible as well (54mbps) but this is very expensive for them.

i used my mac (12" powerbook) its a great little beast.

although, for most users the .b 11mbps is sufficient, having 54mbps available for transfers between your FIT account and local storage and so on is really cool.

if you are going to buy a mac, go to www.apple.com.au, go to the store section, then education, and then find what you want.

the online store has free shipping and has better prices than any of the apple centres.

IronMike

HSC
N/A
that is so coooool..
do u think its a neccessity to have a laptop in uni....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)