Where is everyone up to? (1 Viewer)

studiousbiatch

HSC
How is everyone going and where is everyone up to? I've finished filming and have *roughly* edited the whole thing, but a big part of next week will be spent at school editting the footage until its perfect. having trouble with the soundtrack though... don't know which songs i will use etc...

studiousbiatch

HSC
Is 5 songs too much for a 6-8 min video (probably closer to 8 mins)? like just snippets from them...

Breakthrough

Light the Way
HSC
I don't have any professional qualifications ... but I reckon 5 songs are good, variety is the spice of life ...

is your video like a music video or something?

BradCube

HSC
studiousbiatch said:
Is 5 songs too much for a 6-8 min video (probably closer to 8 mins)? like just snippets from them...
I really think this depends on the type of video you are doing. I for mine am not using any songs (as in with lyrics) but will be using intrumental music to build atmosphere and plently of sound effects.

HSC
Yes well i would have started editing by now if my GODDAMN VIDEO FILES HADNT JUST MAGICALLY DISAPPEARED FROM THE DAMN COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I captured them yesterday morning, had a brief look at them so they were obviously there on the computer and no one was even in the room except the librarian between that time and today when I went in again and they werent there at all. I don't have any idea how it could possibly have happened but it did.

BradCube

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Yes well i would have started editing by now if my GODDAMN VIDEO FILES HADNT JUST MAGICALLY DISAPPEARED FROM THE DAMN COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I captured them yesterday morning, had a brief look at them so they were obviously there on the computer and no one was even in the room except the librarian between that time and today when I went in again and they werent there at all. I don't have any idea how it could possibly have happened but it did.
So do you still have the tapes so you can recapture them?

If not could you talk to your local IT guys about any data recovery measures?

HSC
Yeah ive still got the tapes but their in HD and i need a converter to put them into DV which costs $100 to hire. The school's offered to pay if i cant find it elsewhere for cheaper but i have trials for the next two weeks so time is a factor.

hmaster

HSC
I've just finished my major work and it weighs in at 9:44

BradCube

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Yeah ive still got the tapes but their in HD and i need a converter to put them into DV which costs $100 to hire. The school's offered to pay if i cant find it elsewhere for cheaper but i have trials for the next two weeks so time is a factor.
I'm not quite sure I understand this. Did you hire a HD camera? If you own it then could you not just connect the camera straight to the computer. Then scale the footage down once on the computer?

Also, this means you have not started editing yet? Do you plan on doing any special effects?

Last edited:

BradCube

HSC
hmaster said:
I've just finished my major work and it weighs in at 9:44
You realise that is has to be between 6 and 8 minutes right? I understand your troubles though. Mine was originally about 8:50 but I have got it down to 8:03 now.

BradCube

HSC
Komaticom said:
You can capture HD footage on Final Cut Pro (not Final Cut Pro HD) or Premiere. They both have HD presets and should support it.
Yeah I realise this, so I am wondering why capturing HD would be a problem for him. Possibley he wants to edit in an SD format so CPU cycles aren't chewed up in pixels that eventually won't be seen when outputted to DVD?

seeto.centric

woop woop err i mean somewhere in the Hills
HSC
and i thought you could capture footage off a tape recorded in HD thru any miniDV camcorder?
ie. you can shove a tape you recorded in your FX1/Z1P/whatever HD camera, into your old little canon etc?

i ONLY just got my XL2 today :(
talk about a rushed production...

Julz

BeardEh

HSC
I've captured all my footage and had a quick look at editing, but i have a couple of 20s flashback shots still to shoot which is a bit of an issue... I'm confident it will be done in time though, i'm just worried the quality of my editing may suffer...

my reflection statement is due in two weeks though, i'm a little concerned about that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)