Where is Linguistics in 2013-14 course list in UAC? (1 Viewer)

mamouri

HSC
N/A
I want to add Linguistics to my course preferences in UAC admission website. But it simply is not there. I only can find Languages but not Linguists. I even tried Course Search 2013-14 but it just simply seems it is not there.

Is anyone know why? Any comment?

D94

HSC
N/A
It might not be the name of a degree, but it could be a major, e.g. UNSW has the Bachelor of Arts where you can major in Linguistics.

You should do a Google or university search of linguistics and see what it falls under.

mamouri

HSC
N/A
Thank you for answering my thread.

In UNSW Linguistics is a major that can be studied in 18 different programs/degrees. (For example in 3403 Arts, 3435 Psychological Science and 3543 Economics) Which one should I choose? Is there a different in term of the content? Or perhaps in the term of ATAR cut-off?

witide

HSC
You're going to have to do some research. I completed a major in linguistics at USYD as part of a Bachelor of Arts. That degree is generally the most versatile and, if it's offered at the university, will best allow you to study linguistics. If you're in NSW, then ANU, USYD and Macquarie all have good programs for linguistics. I'm not too familiar with UNSW though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)