where is the best place to do acturial studies (1 Viewer)

manscux

HSC
Hey guys, where is the best place to undertake actuarial studies if i also want to do finance as wither a double degree or a major????

halapenyo

HSC
actuarial is only offered at a handful of unis around australia.

I would go to UNSW if i was you, but im biased because i go there. :D

ZeeZee3

HSC
Theres UNSW, Macquarie, ANU and others that i cant think of.

halapenyo

HSC
Uni melbourne apparently has a good actuarial degree. but the downside is that you would have to live in melbourne.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I will have to say that I think Macquarie's Actuarial program is perhaps stronger than UNSW's - based on what I've heard and think.

However, if you'll be looking to do Actuarial/Finance - I'd say UNSW is the place because although Macquarie's Actuarial may be better - I don't think Macquarie's Commerce program comes close to UNSW's.

runnable

HSC
I think going to Macquarie over UNSW for Actuarial is like going to Northwestern University over Harvard because Northwestern University has a better Marketing faculty. Sure you intend to major in Marketing but you're taking a risk. Sure Northwestern is great and Marketing is its best faculty but generally Harvard is a stronger university. Not to mention Harvard has a great Marketing faculty too and will open the same doors for you. There's only upside by choosing Harvard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)