Where to Buy Cheap TV's for room? (1 Viewer)

shota

HSC
I'm staying at Johns and I want to get a tv probably between 19-26 inches to use in my room. I want to use my ps3 down there so i'm hoping for a HDMI compatible one. I've so far looked at Jb Hi-fi and Myer and the usuals in Sydney for them but i'm wondering if there's cheaper places. Perhaps even in Canberra?

Thanks for any help

Evilo

HSC
JB + Myer are in civic (canberra) too, same with DSE Powerhouse. I will assume there would be a few 'warehouse' style shops in fyshwick if you have a car. Most of them would probably have websites too. As far as hdmi goes, i have no idea which store stocks what - i can assume those mentioned above would have those.
If you want a really really cheap tv, i think aldi sells them too, unsure if they are HDMI (i'll assume not though)
Hope that starts you off.

blacksunset

HSC
im just bringing mine up from home..
if u talk to someone in a store and sweet talk them they might do it cheaper :)
it works for me with everything :)

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
i saw a flier at pajenka's cafe that promoted a thing the good guys had running... all ANU kids who have a loyalty card* receives 10% off all items.

*any ANU kid can get it - it costs $50 for a year and gives you 10% off all items bought at the ANU union - that's most cafes/restaurants at the refectory

Evilo

HSC
*its a good deal i spose if you live off campus ;)

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
*its a good deal i spose if you live off campus ;)
nah not really. the union court restaurants serve food that tastes like it's been made by a blind chef without a tongue anyway.

Evilo

HSC
haha you ate it :p i've never tried it *gulp*
(although i have had a sausage roll at the bakery - 3 of the 5 times they short change me. :angry: )

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
jas0nt said:
nah not really. the union court restaurants serve food that tastes like it's been made by a blind chef without a tongue anyway.
I think Pajenka's tastes pretty nice

Evilo

HSC
I think i might up getting an asus with an HDTV tuner.

Let us play the waiting game (till birthday when i'll buy the bugger!)

EDIT - "Posts: 1,111" WOOT!

UchihaVegeta

HSC
I just use a tv tuner on my pc. With an antenna of course. I was only able to receive channel 10 and sbs, what other channels are there supposed to be available in canberra?

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
UchihaVegeta said:
I just use a tv tuner on my pc. With an antenna of course. I was only able to receive channel 10 and sbs, what other channels are there supposed to be available in canberra?
ABC (channel 3)
Prime (channel 7)
Win (channel 9)
Southern Cross 10 (channel 10)
SBS (channel 28)

pretty sure there are also heaps of HDTV/digital only FTA channels.

though you don't really need foxtel to watch sport... just go to the labour club (5 minutes walk) and watch it on their big screen.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
if you get HDTV i will assume you would also get 10 HD, ABC2 etc, but considering i dont have an hd tuner *tear* im not 100% sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)