Where to hold my 18th bday? (1 Viewer)

msvanessaou

HSC
So my 18th is coming up a few days before christmas and i want to hold a party this year, for like the first time in never. Except, i'm not super rich. I've heard many just hire function halls, hire a dj etc but i'm broke AF. Any ideas or suggestions? There's probs nothing i can do but my limit is like 300 dollars worth of spend. Originally i was going to go with the idea of like a party in the yard but i had no idea where to get lights if my party was at night, then i thought of doing it at the park, except theres a lot of kids there. Please help, i dont have time left much.

msvanessaou

HSC
Where to hold my 18th?

So my 18th is coming up a few days before christmas and i want to hold a party this year, for like the first time in never. Except, i'm not super rich. I've heard many just hire function halls, hire a dj etc but i'm broke AF. Any ideas or suggestions? There's probs nothing i can do but my limit is like 300 dollars worth of spend. Originally i was going to go with the idea of like a party in the yard but i had no idea where to get lights if my party was at night, then i thought of doing it at the park, except theres a lot of kids there. Please help, i dont have time left much.

msvanessaou

HSC
Where to hold my 18th?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Re: Where to hold my 18th?

If we're to suggest ideas on a venue, etc. it would also be good to know how many people are invited / expected to show up

HSC
Here are some suggestions
Maybe like a school hall you can hire one of those still plenty of space,
Your house or outside garden if you have one
Bowling party
Restaurant party
Swim party you can hire a few lanes
Bounce is always a fun place to hire for the night if you have it where you live
Maybe hire a gym or something

AntarcticMonkeys

HSC
beach is good
possibly look for parks that isn't super populated, like the very edge of Mrs Macquarie's head, east of CBD

crowley926

HSC
If it's just like a relatively smaller group of friends (20-30ish) you could really just have it at home which saves a lot of money. For lights just get fairy lights or random hanging lights from like Kmart or maybe even Bunnings or some crap and just hang it around the fence. For my sister's birthday my dad bought this like disco ball light online and it wasn't expensive at all and it had a really cool effect so you could try looking for one like that online or at shops but idk which shops would have them. Or have like garden lights across the grounds.

Tbh with daylight savings you're still getting good light (assuming it's sunny) till 8ish so you could use that to your advantage and time your party so you don't have to worry about the dark too much. And tbh parties don't even have to be well-lit like as long as people can still see you'll be fine.

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
Depending on how many people, you could do a ghost tour? That's what I did for my 18th birthday party :cool: You get to know who your real friends are when they are willing to run around the city at night in torrential rain looking for ghosts because you say so.

turntaker

HSC
Backyard, hook up spotify to your home speakers, if you don't have any good speakers hire them, obviously make a playlist before hand (think you can set to fade into next track so there's no awkward gaps between songs). Pizza for all. And I suppose spend the rest on drinks.

For lights I suppose just hire those as well.
Who needs lights . just use the moon.

turntaker

HSC
So guys my 18th is coming up. I don't know what to do for it. I only have 3 close friends.
Any ides on what I could do.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
So guys my 18th is coming up. I don't know what to do for it. I only have 3 close friends.
Any ides on what I could do.
just hang with your 3 close friends

sounds like a great 18th to me, I wish I did that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)