Where will you be living next year? (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
To current ANU students and those who will be attending ANU next year, where will you be living?

To the current students living on campus will you be moving out next year?

I'm thinking about moving into a college next year, but I don't know if it would be a good idea or not.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
ummm not sure where i'll be living yet...
trying to find a place to rent at the moment...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
ummm not sure where i'll be living yet...
trying to find a place to rent at the moment...
Ditto. I cant decide whether the old bag with the family of cats is better than the public servants with comic and feet fetishes. Fun!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Iron said:
Ditto. I cant decide whether the old bag with the family of cats is better than the public servants with comic and feet fetishes. Fun!
lol that sounds like a great choice - hummm i dont know what is weirder.

do u live on campus at teh moment Iron?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why yes. B&G. I would stay, but I think they're getting wise to my stashed corpses and I find room inspections so intrusive.
Hopefully we can beat the rush of the annual flooding of wide eyed new students

Last edited:

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Iron said:
Why yes. B&G. I would stay, but I think they're getting wise to my stashed corpses and I find room inspections so intrusive.
mmm yes i would see how that could prove a problem - after a while corpses do get a bit difficult to hide :p

where abouts r u looking at renting? currently finding it really difficult to find somewhere that is nice, not scary and we shall be robbed in, which has everything we need in it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
mmm yes i would see how that could prove a problem - after a while corpses do get a bit difficult to hide :p

where abouts r u looking at renting? currently finding it really difficult to find somewhere that is nice, not scary and we shall be robbed in, which has everything we need in it.
Just somewhere in Inner North. Even though the buses are ok, id rather be roughly walking distance. Prices are around $120, which is fine. Anything lower is usually a bit suss.
Ive resigned myself to getting a stinky/scary/dodgey joint. Personally, im looking forward to it. Life changing[ending] adventure awaits!

rumour

HSC
Iron said:
I was going to apply for B&G only, but you can't just apply for only one college :(.

Anyway, what is wrong with B&G, why don't you like it?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
B&G's fantastic. Based on my extensive experience, I think it's the best college. It's the proverbial Australia of the international college network. But college life isnt for everyone.

rumour

HSC
Ok I see..........want to trade places with me then?

I'm living in private board- pretty boring.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Currently renting in a share house. Will continue to do so.

That said definatly interested in the 2 bedroom appartments that are apparently going to be in Fenner Mk2 when it opens.

Oh and Iron as a tip looking for somewhere: If a friend of some description is also moving out then it's worth looking for a 3bdrm house in the Inner North for approx max $350pw and then renting out the spare room.

If you arn't using it already the best place for finding a share place is the University Accomodation site.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
addymac said:
Currently renting in a share house. Will continue to do so.

That said definatly interested in the 2 bedroom appartments that are apparently going to be in Fenner Mk2 when it opens.

Oh and Iron as a tip looking for somewhere: If a friend of some description is also moving out then it's worth looking for a 3bdrm house in the Inner North for approx max $350pw and then renting out the spare room.

If you arn't using it already the best place for finding a share place is the University Accomodation site.
Yeah, I had other plans that fell threw over the past few weeks. I was then planning to shack up with my brother, but he recently lost his mind (er, no joke). I think cat woman sounds great.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
...how da hell do u plan where ur gonna live b4 u even noe ur gonna make it to ANU...or maybe im just leaving it to the last minute...*shrugs*...is there allotta accom near ANU/???and is there alotta hot chix near ANU??/and finally is there ne accom WITH hot chix???//lol cos im seriously thinking bout going to ANU

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Canberra does that to people (also no joke - my cousin...). Good luck with finding a place though.

Moving on to enoch, do you have any idea what UAI you will get or what course you want to do? These are far better ways to think about going to the ANU than 'chix'.

In answer to your grammaticaly bastardised questions (I will forgive you considering that you're doing the HSC and watch Family Guy): There's still alot of time, but yiou really should have thought out a proper Plan A and B by now. That said you have more important things to think about right now.

There is alot of accomodation around there are six halls/colleges open to you with room for at rough guess 2500 students. Furthermore a major chunk of the Inner North (Canberra city - the area near the ANU) is rnted accomodation occupied by students.

As a warning about this option, unless wealthy you will be unable to rent a place by yourself unless you are in a group. This said you will also need (all of the group) to be able to spend a couple of weeks in February house hunting expect to look at up to twenty places a week. If you get lucky you will be offered a place.

However you don't really seem to be in that boat leaving you two options: sleeping on a park bench or finding share accomodation. As mentioned earlier the best place for this is to look on the University Accomodation site.

As a wide-eyed first year student though you must be warned that thousands of your ilk are going to flood canberra with the same aim. This will make it difficult to achieve yours. So your best option is to apply for the halls and colleges.

As a plus this will address the second part of your 'problem'; 'chix'. Halls and Colleges are a great way for first years to get to know people and adjust to their new life in the bush capital/university town. I can't say whether any particular hall or college has more hot 'chix' than another I guess it depends what you go for.

Fenner tends to be more 'small l liberal' femminst and international etc etc, B&G more 'party girls', Johns butch lesbians. These are however sweeping generalisations. Somone else might know what the gender split is in the halls.

All this said somehow I doubt we'll see yiu at the ANU or that you'll pick up before you're 25........

rumour

HSC
enoch said:
...how da hell do u plan where ur gonna live b4 u even noe ur gonna make it to ANU...
Because if you don't plan where you live now, you won't have a place to live :).

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
yeah thnx for the great feed back...nd yeah addymac...im pretty serz bout going..
and ive had a look around the websites of all the houses(halls...we call em houses at my skool) ...
im looking at putting :
1.john...the butch lesbians mite put me off tho....
2.burgmann
3.bruce
4.ursula

nd yeah im def thinking bout the catered houses cos i cant cook for nuts...nd im pretty freaking lazy as well//

so if u or ne other ANU dudes could gimme some personal ideas on those 4 houses thatll be cool..cheers.

rumour

HSC
enoch said:
yeah thnx for the great feed back...nd yeah addymac...im pretty serz bout going..
and ive had a look around the websites of all the houses(halls...we call em houses at my skool) ...
im looking at putting :
1.john...the butch lesbians mite put me off tho....
2.burgmann
3.bruce
4.ursula

nd yeah im def thinking bout the catered houses cos i cant cook for nuts...nd im pretty freaking lazy as well//

so if u or ne other ANU dudes could gimme some personal ideas on those 4 houses thatll be cool..cheers.
Burgmann has great food!!!!!

Lol...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)