• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Where's a good place to study? (other than home) (1 Viewer)

raydazn

HSC
hi, i know its a pretty late to be asking this. But the last 4 days ive been cramming like a starving traveller seeing food for the first time in months. I've been studying at the local library (Blacktown) and since the weekend is coming up, i've been looking for a place to study. Libraries don't seem to opened past 4 or 5pm. I want to get as much in as possible before next wednesday (start of the trials). Probably, something open until 8pm or later.

My only ideas are Internet Cafes or Cafes. But i dont enjoy the thought of paying to study. heck, i should get paid to study.

Any input or suggestions would be appreiciated,

thanks.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
raydazn said:
hi, i know its a pretty late to be asking this. But the last 4 days ive been cramming like a starving traveller seeing food for the first time in months. I've been studying at the local library (Blacktown) and since the weekend is coming up, i've been looking for a place to study. Libraries don't seem to opened past 4 or 5pm. I want to get as much in as possible before next wednesday (start of the trials). Probably, something open until 8pm or later.

My only ideas are Internet Cafes or Cafes. But i dont enjoy the thought of paying to study. heck, i should get paid to study.

Any input or suggestions would be appreiciated,

thanks.
uhmm, why can't you study at home?
UNSW and UTS close at 6.

Last edited:

kolgf

HSC
If you have grandparents with a spare room go there :d, if not stay at home and look your door, thats what i do.

raydazn

HSC
well, 17 years of not being able to concentrate at home is probably not going to change. I've tried but i find that my most efficient time is outside my house. I feel like an enegizer battery at the library and at home i feel like a couch potato. My house environment is too distractive, i live near a motorway. And my dog is constantly barking its head off. Not to mention all the distractions in my room. Its not a healthy enviornment.

I just really value the productivity of the library or similar environments.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
raydazn said:
well, 17 years of not being able to concentrate at home is probably not going to change. I've tried but i find that my most efficient time is outside my house. I feel like an enegizer battery at the library and at home i feel like a couch potato. My house environment is too distractive, i live near a motorway. And my dog is constantly barking its head off. Not to mention all the distractions in my room. Its not a healthy enviornment.

I just really value the productivity of the library or similar environments.
Go study at a park with lights. Would be great if it was summer though lolz.

L

littlewing69

National Library in Canberra is open till 9 weeknights. I wouldn't leave if it didn't close.

raydazn

HSC
hmm yeh.. i was considering going to a park, but after the rain ive gotten today.. im not sure if it'll subside before tomorrow. its been raining since 9:00 this morning and hasnt stopped since. =(

crimsonking

HSC
Studying in open air? Variable light? Strangers?

Forget aout the rain, what about the wind? Also, you have to contend with everyone else who is in the park (I got a slight feeling that many of them are not going to be studying).

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i used to study in my car. it was always so warm, and dead silent.

kolgf

HSC
Go to one of those expensive restraunts were no one talks, study there LOL or go to a hotel. i'm out of ideas. :s

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
raydazn, do I know you? hmmm.... do you live near HOLLA County? If you understand that then you're definately from my school. (who also start trials next Wednesday)

perhaps you could try studying with a friend at their place? hmm, but that also may cause distraction hey? ummm... maybe if you went to a relative, grandparent, cousin or something? ive studied in the car a couple of times, as Shell said, its usually quiet and warm. Drive out to somewhere away from home first.

dora_18

HSC
in the bathroom....
if you have your own,otherwise it would become a hassle

crimsonking

HSC
  1. In gaol - make sure you are in solitary confinement, other convicts may be too rowdy
  2. Kings Cross heroin injecting centre - its real calm and mellow
  3. Red Rooster - who the f__k goes there anymore?
  4. Start squating in someone elses house
  5. Hospital waiting ward

JhK89

HSC
hey wat about NSW state library... its soo good i cant believe no1 mentioned it here yet~~ its realli quite and the lockers are free ;)

its at martin place or something on macq. st.

lala2

Banned
HSC
What about other council libraries near you, e.g. Parramatta and Penrith Councils?

raydazn

HSC
haha.. watsup priest! your right twas me. hoped no-one recognised me. because if some certain people knew i was studying, they'd blow their brains out.

restaraunt and hotels sounds pricey. i'll try to find out when the state library closes on weekends but to tell you fellaz the truth. the hospital is sounding the best choice at the moment. im not even sure if that was a joke. but heck its pretty good. As long as i dont get kicked out or infected =)

P.S other nearby council librarys close at roughly the same time. and an extra half an hour wouldn account for the extra distance travelled.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
lol, well i recognised you :p

yeh, i blew my brains out when i read ur posts :p im quite impressed.... keep it up matey!

yeh hospital will be fun.... :/

Riviet

HSC
N/A
During these trials, I've been studying in the school library and it has helped me be more productive in my study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)